Body Beast

Options
Who is doing it?

What can you tell me about it? I'm interested in purchasing, but would like to know more about the workouts and nutrition involved.

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Might I recommend you take a look at this to help with your decision

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686963-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    Thank you for the info, certainly some helpful information, but my question isn't due to ignorance. I lift 4 days a week, currently I am doing a 4 day split workout routine, and done P90X twice, and before that did consistent lifting. I'm simply looking for something 'new' to introduce to the body and Body Beast peaked my interest. I like the fast paced regimented nutrition and exercise routine that P90 offers, so I thought this might be up my alley.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info, certainly some helpful information, but my question isn't due to ignorance. I lift 4 days a week, currently I am doing a 4 day split workout routine, and done P90X twice, and before that did consistent lifting. I'm simply looking for something 'new' to introduce to the body and Body Beast peaked my interest. I like the fast paced regimented nutrition and exercise routine that P90 offers, so I thought this might be up my alley.

Well it is certainly up to you as to what you do. As I just typed in another thread about this newest fad workout from fad workout central, it is not the best way to get the fastest results. I personally like to get the fastest results possible with the simplest, easiest, least time consuming programming possible. If you don't fancy those same traits in your exercise, so be it.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    I do Body Beast and LOVE it. I worked with a few coaches at the YMCA trying to get a good weight lifting routine set up and got was not pleased. After I completed Insanity I tried one of the bonus DVD’s “Upper Body Weight Lifting” and loved it! That made me look for a more complete workout dvd. Body Beast was exactly what I wanted. I have lifted weights all my life but only the past few months have I tried to get serious again. Body Beast WILL work you. It’s not as intense as Insanity but won’t put you to sleep like P90. I don’t do body beast cardio or abs. I still do insanity workouts for cardio and Insanity abs. Try it. Body Beast takes a lot of “stuff”. You’ll need a series of dumbbells, pull up bar/power bands, and a high quality utility bench. I had most of this stuff already. I had high expectations of Body Beast and love it! Good Luck!
  • ghiaguy
    ghiaguy Posts: 46
    Options

Well it is certainly up to you as to what you do. As I just typed in another thread about this newest fad workout from fad workout central, it is not the best way to get the fastest results. I personally like to get the fastest results possible with the simplest, easiest, least time consuming programming possible. If you don't fancy those same traits in your exercise, so be it.

Body Beast certainly looks interesting to me. I've had success with other "Fad Central" programs before. They were all based, I believe, on good basic exercise principles. To me, a fad would be something like zumba fitness or a goatee mustache.
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    I do Body Beast and LOVE it. I worked with a few coaches at the YMCA trying to get a good weight lifting routine set up and got was not pleased. After I completed Insanity I tried one of the bonus DVD’s “Upper Body Weight Lifting” and loved it! That made me look for a more complete workout dvd. Body Beast was exactly what I wanted. I have lifted weights all my life but only the past few months have I tried to get serious again. Body Beast WILL work you. It’s not as intense as Insanity but won’t put you to sleep like P90. I don’t do body beast cardio or abs. I still do insanity workouts for cardio and Insanity abs. Try it. Body Beast takes a lot of “stuff”. You’ll need a series of dumbbells, pull up bar/power bands, and a high quality utility bench. I had most of this stuff already. I had high expectations of Body Beast and love it! Good Luck!

Thank you so much for your reply. Exactly what I was looking for. I am going to order my copy today!
  • kbrooks323
    Options
    Beachbody just keeps comin' out with one great program after another! I have YET to try body beast but based on these responses I'm considering purchasing it myself. Has anyone heard anything about the Insanity Asylum volume 2 coming out this fall? I know the asylum is a really intense workout and even professional athletes use it to get in shape. Has anyone tried original asylum or have and feedback on this program?