Fitbit Ultra

Options
I have just received today my fitbit ultra just wondered if anyone had them and if they have found them to be worth it (maybe a bit too late for me now LOL)

Thanks

Replies

• insanity525
    Options
    I love my fitbit! I've had it on me every day since purchasing - almost 2 months now. The first few days I was amazed at how little I actually walk while I'm at work - desk job. By keeping track I make myslef get up and walk around. I try to walk at least 5,000 steps before going home. Definitely worth the $100. Good luck :happy:
  • Maudy16
    Maudy16 Posts: 36
    Options
    Ican see it will make you realise just how much or little you move! Im a stay at home mum so really keen to get some figures.

How do you set the sleep? and does it reset to zero for startof each go?

Thanks x
  • insanity525
    Options
    Not really sure about the sleep function. I read reviews that it really wasn't that accurate and I was more interested in the pedometer function of it so I never bothered to research it.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just got one yesterday, It was only 17 calories different from the cardio machines at the gym. I didn't realize just how often I wake up during the night. One thing I don't like about it is every time I take a few steps it auto-adds exercise calories on MFP. I like to only log workouts.

I'm still not sure if it's 'worth it' or if I am going to get a HRM too.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I really like mine. I like having all of the data about my steps and how many calories I'm burning. I am sure it's not perfectly accurate, but it at least allows me to gauge what kind of day I'm having.

Of course, if you forget to insert it into the clip in the morning and spend most of your day just wearing the empty clip . . . . :blushing:
  • Maudy16
    Options
    im still trying to figure it out, im trying to work out if you can find out specifically how many calories were burned during IE zumba 7pm - 8pm, does anyone know?

Also if I sat down all day would I still be burning (hence taking in my BMR)?

I think this little gadget could work really well once worked out, but im a tad rusty on the ole computer tech!!! :huh:
  • Maudy16
    Options

Of course, if you forget to insert it into the clip in the morning and spend most of your day just wearing the empty clip . . . . :blushing:

LOL
  • Britt_Duffy
    Britt_Duffy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    im still trying to figure it out, im trying to work out if you can find out specifically how many calories were burned during IE zumba 7pm - 8pm, does anyone know?

Also if I sat down all day would I still be burning (hence taking in my BMR)?

I think this little gadget could work really well once worked out, but im a tad rusty on the ole computer tech!!! :huh:

Maudy16...press and hold the small button until it starts a countdown, then press and hold to stop it. this stopwatch function is how you can specifically see during a period of time what your calories burned,and steps taken are. This is also what I do when I'm in the car (it counts a lot of steps!!!) and also how you utilize the sleep functions :-)
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Lovin' mine!
  • coffeerunner
    coffeerunner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Before I wore it there were days I was starving! Well come to see I earn an extra 500 calories through fitbit...that explains it!
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just got my 3rd Fit Bit today. Why #3? becuase I lost the other 2...but I'm addicted! Have fun with it.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine as well! Best purchase!!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I never use the sleep function, but have had mine since early April and I still wear it every single day and love it.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I use mine all the time as well. It does help me to get out and walk more.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I just got one yesterday, It was only 17 calories different from the cardio machines at the gym. I didn't realize just how often I wake up during the night. One thing I don't like about it is every time I take a few steps it auto-adds exercise calories on MFP. I like to only log workouts.

You CAN log your own things-when you go to log exercise now here through MFP, it'll ask for a start time as well as calories burned and how long so then the fitbit will take out the calories it thinks you burned during that time period.
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love mine! There are a few things that I would like to see changed (of course). If you drive, especially on bumpy or badly-maintained roads, it will log driving as walking. You can fix this by using the stopwatch function...but most of the time I forget. That and the app the droid has for it. It doesn't update on the phone, because you have to be near the docking station for it to sync. If there was some way for those to problems to be fixed I would be 100% satisfied! But, 98% is still an A!
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options

I was debating getting a HRM too but someone who has both posted that they typically report very close to the same calories burned.

I LOVE my fitbit. I get up and move daily now because I just want to meet the goals. And it's made me start going to bed earlier because I couldn't believe how little sleep I was actually getting. Best purchase ever for me. And apparently I rambled on about it enough to my mom that she bought one and told my aunt who bought one too.
  • Shelli_78
    Shelli_78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use this website to calculate my Zumba calories http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/ After I figure out the calories I just log the calories manually on MFP. I LOVE my Fitbit. I kinda feel naked without it and it puts me in a foul mood if I happen to forgot it.