before pics...

Options
I'm gonna take some before pics today...NOT looking forward to it...lol Any suggestions? Do they really help? I know the before and after pics for a lot of people are amazing, I just hope they help keep me motivated too!

Replies

• 4newtsmom
    4newtsmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'll be making one my profile pic for here...ewwwwwwwwwwww......lol
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    yes, they definitely help...especially when the scale is not cooperating. good luck. choose clothing that actually shows your body. a sports bra and short shorts, bikini, or something similar would be my first choice.
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have taken a before picture. I didn't even do measurements. Now, I just keep wondering if the pounds are making any difference.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It was really hard to do before pics for me....but I can't wait to see the during and after pics that I take!

I have seen people just do a full frontal shot wearing work-out clothes, underwear (although, I think that is prohibited??) or a swimsuit....some also include a side view and a back view...it's all about you and what you want. This change in your lifestyle is for you...we are here to support you! :flowerforyou:

You can do this...just one step at a time! :)
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I did it! I find it's really great because we have a hard time seeing changes in ourselves so being able to go back to those before pics and noticing a disappearing double chin, less prominent love handles and a tighter tush helps immensely with staying motivated. Plus being able to show dramatic before and afters is always fun! Try to hang on to whatever you wear to do your progress pics in :)
  • djlindstrom
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I have taken before pics, but they are hidden in a special file on my computer. lol :laugh: :blushing:
  • sushiforbrains
    Options
    I just took some this morning. I have lost 14lbs so far and was feeling good about it, but the pics really gave me a kick in the pants. I have got to do so much more work!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I did it. It made me realize that what I 'thought' i looked like and what I really looked like weren't in line.

Now I look at the photos and feel good and can see the changes you don't notice b/c you look at yourself in the mirror every day.

I suggest a front and back shot and at least one side.

Some other shots would be flexing your biceps, especially if you're doing a weight lifting program.

Measurements help too. I keep a notebook with a pencil and a measuring tape in my underwear drawer so I don't have any excuses NOT to measure.

The scale is a liar but I still weigh myself 1x a week.

hugs,
    tina
  • mercymarque
    Options
    i think they will keep u motivated. When lossing weight u are the last to notice. U may feel a difference in clothing but not see results on scale.. Let's be honest we're all looking for the results on the scale. Take the pictures so u and everyone else can see ur amazing transformation.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I took before pics and regularly take progress pics....I find its a more concrete way to see ur progress :)
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I didn't take official before pics, but I can definately see a change from pictures from last year! See profile pic ;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Photos are the BEST way to track progress. Trying to see changes in the mirror is like watching grass grow.

My suggestion: Take photos from front, back and sides, and no matter how much you hate them, don't delete them. You'll be glad you had them later.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yes they help! When you start losing weight keep taking photo's so you can compare, the only way at times to really see change is by comparing the photo's. I have days now when I feel like I did at 116lbs ago and have to go back and remind myself I'm not.
  • 4newtsmom
    4newtsmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well...I did it...Made my before picture my profile pic. I am still stunned that I actually have put that online for everyone to see. But you are all right. I think that it is a HUGE motivator for me. I really can't believe I have let myself get that bad...:( Here is to my first progress picture hopefully in one month from now!!!