Need an Energy Boost!

Options
I need a way to boost my energy. I have 2 kids who wear me out pretty good and a super stressful job that zaps me as well. I really need some energy so I can start working out more!! Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Red Bull Total Zero
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use green tea. Plenty of antioxidants for the stress and caffeine for the energy!
  • KellyJoMorris
    KellyJoMorris Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin B12 and n-acetyl l-carnitine supplements. I found out about them to help with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I have far more energy than I did when not taking them! xx
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've started drinking green tea twice daily, so hopefully that helps a bit.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I do yoga with my youngest, keeps her quiet watching and trying and definitely gives me an energy boost. I love my coffee and green teas, hard boiled egg with lunch, and if need be the no sugar red bull for late nights I have to be up for.
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any B-vitamin supplements? You might want to ask your nutritionist about a B-complex supplement because I started taking one and pretty much IMMEDIATELY started noticing more energy! Also, you might want to try and cut out as much wheat and wheat-gluten from your diet, as I've experienced (and read) that wheat tends to not only make you feel more hungry, but it also depletes your energy. =]
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    i understand how you feel. i got two young kids as well. and i babysit another toddler during the days. so i got like 3 kids screaming at me all day. Toddlers. then i work part time. married, so got to take care of my husband too. lol. life is stressful. i'm always looking for ways to boost energy. i tend to drink a lot of caffeine. from energy drinks and stuff. those five hour energy's are amazing. they are loading with b vitamins, which give you a lot of energy.
  • HashtagTraci
    Options
    B-12 works great for energy
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have found that by upping my protein intake and exercising regularly has given me a considerable amount of energy. In times of emergency, (like not enough sleep) I go with Red Bull or RoxyLean.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Yes, B-12 also! (especially once you have taken it every day for a couple of weeks)
  • babygrant1981
    Options
    Water water and more water. If I'm slacking in the water department, my energy plummets.
  • HashtagTraci
    Options

Yes, B-12 also! (especially once you have taken it every day for a couple of weeks)

that's right!! with any supplements it takes around 2-4 weeks to kick in:)
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Water water and more water. If I'm slacking in the water department, my energy plummets.

THIS! And also what someone else mentioned about more protein and regular exercise... those plus some B vitamins and you'll be humming along.
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options

THIS! And also what someone else mentioned about more protein and regular exercise... those plus some B vitamins and you'll be humming along.

Yep, dehydration can make you feel really lethargic and slow going. So make sure you're drinking enough (your pee shouldn't have much color to it)

Also if you're dragging before a workout, eat a little something beforehand but make sure you wait half an hour! (If I eat too much, or too soon beforehand I end up feeling like I'm going to puke halfway through)
  • jazujazu
    Options
    I sell nutritional supplements through Herbalife. I can get you a free sample of Liftoff (a calorie free energy drink) or Herbal Tea Concentrate (a weight-loss enhancing energy booster) if you pm me your mailing address. Or visit my website https://www.goherbalife.com/eugenejazu/en-US to shop. I'm not spamming, I promise, I just thought you might benefit from some of my products. I use the Herbalife Core program and the Herbal Tea Concentrate and I have been losing weight and feeling energized. Anyone else interested in these products can feel free to visit the website too :-)