Dragging

2»

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    I just wanted to say, thanks for the support.
    I've never experienced anything like that before. It gave me the confidence to get up and get a good workout this morning because I figure I'll be able to find a solution, even if I haven't made any changes yet.

Speaking of changes....
    I just picked up a variety of protein shakes at the health food store. All low sugar/carbs/calories. I figure I've got to learn to live within 2000 calories so when I'm not working out, I won't gain weight. On the other hand, I've got to up my calories so these 1000 cal burn workouts don't eat me alive. So, on workout days I'll supplement with enough protein shake to get me up to a reasonable level.

We'll see how that works.

Thanks again
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Why do you need to go to the gym so early? It's probably messing with your body clock.
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    I'm going to add my two cents. I took a look at your diary and while you're eating habits aren't bad IMO, I think you need more veggies (the greener the better). It will help tremendously with the energy level. If you don't like them, blend them with fruits and peanut butter and make energy shake. =)
  • iAMsmiling
    I actually do like veggies...it's just that they generally involve cooking and I'm usually in a hurry. I do agree that I need to add more.

I work out so early because it's the only time of the day when no one will find something else for me to do. It's only in the middle of the night that I've been able to be consistent.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    I actually do like veggies...it's just that they generally involve cooking and I'm usually in a hurry. I do agree that I need to add more.

I work out so early because it's the only time of the day when no one will find something else for me to do. It's only in the middle of the night that I've been able to be consistent.

You don't need to cook most veg. Things like broccoli, carrots, celery, cabbage, courgette, cauliflower and even mushroom can be eaten raw. They're nice with a dip, even if it's just ready made satay or teriyaki sauce. Houmous comes in lots of flavours, it's low GI and you'd get fibre and iron from it too. Just made the stuff up in advance and keep it a few sandwich bags in the fridge for when you feel like snacking.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member

You don't need to cook most veg. Things like broccoli, carrots, celery, cabbage, courgette, cauliflower and even mushroom can be eaten raw. They're nice with a dip, even if it's just ready made satay or teriyaki sauce. Houmous comes in lots of flavours, it's low GI and you'd get fibre and iron from it too. Just made the stuff up in advance and keep it a few sandwich bags in the fridge for when you feel like snacking.

OMG I forgot about Hummus!!! I need to add that to my shopping list. I used to live off that stuff.... thanks!
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    In my opinion, based on cals in and cals out I see in your diary and the low energy, you very likely need to eat MORE!! Check out this group on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less and make up your own mind of course, but if you want to have energy for those workouts you need to be fueling your body properly! If you don't, your weight loss can slow, stall or even reverse because you won't be able to maintain the lifestyle.

This is another website that was created by the Personal Trainers who started the group I mentioned above as well: http://eatmore2weighless.com/

Good luck in your health and fitness journey!
  • iAMsmiling

I only enjoy so many veggies raw. Reminds me...I need to pick up some cucumbers.

I love hummus, perhaps a little too much. I'd go through a container moments after opening it.
    A sushi joint I'm fond of recently introduced me to a sort of soy bean based hummus. Very light and great on raw veggies.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    How about stocking up on the frozen "steam in the bag" veggies (the ones without added sauces!)? Toss 'em in the microwave, push a few buttons, go on about your business until the microwave beeps, and then enjoy! Green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, peas, corn, and different blends all conveniently available. Some of them even come in single serving sizes. That might be a convenient solution to not having the time to prepare fresh. Flash frozen veggies retain most of their nutritional value I've heard.
  • iAMsmiling
    I do those now and again.

Had a veggie sub from subway just now.
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    How about stocking up on the frozen "steam in the bag" veggies (the ones without added sauces!)? Toss 'em in the microwave, push a few buttons, go on about your business until the microwave beeps, and then enjoy! Green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, peas, corn, and different blends all conveniently available. Some of them even come in single serving sizes. That might be a convenient solution to not having the time to prepare fresh. Flash frozen veggies retain most of their nutritional value I've heard.

And even cheeper buy the Ziploc Steam and seal bags you can throw your fresh veggies in their and have them steamed and ready to eat in a few min.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    I only enjoy so many veggies raw. Reminds me...I need to pick up some cucumbers.

I love hummus, perhaps a little too much. I'd go through a container moments after opening it.
    A sushi joint I'm fond of recently introduced me to a sort of soy bean based hummus. Very light and great on raw veggies.

Ooh, is this the edamame hummus? I saw that in the store and was reluctant to try it in case I didn't like it. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Do you like those little tiny cukes? Those are so great for on the go snacking, cause you can just rinse them and throw them in a baggie. (but they won't help much with upping your calories) If you eat nuts, those are quick and high energy.