Fitbit Ultra

Options
2»

Replies

• emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit - have a desk job I need it did not realize how little I was moving. I just got mine last week, I have not tried this yet but I was told if you're doing a particular cardio exercise and you want to see how many calories you burned for that workout remember to use the stop watch feature...hold the button down until the timer starts and when you finish hold it down again until you see the word stop.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Really enjoy mine, especially on vacation. I was amazing to see double, sometimes triple steps in a day compared to when I'm at work. It is also great for hikes where you want to know distance and times but don't feel like carrying a smart phone or other device. Clipped mine to the inside middle of my bra during a hike last week and found out we went almost 5 miles! Wouldn't have known otherwise...and it felt like an accomplishment. :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I love mine. It settled my problem with figuring out my TDEE which made using MFP easier.

Exercise you do that doesn't include walking/running, you should log separately. I do weight lifting and FB doesn't track it since I'm only using my upper body, so I make an activity log on the FB site to reflect that. The sleep tracker is interesting, though it only tracks your arm movements when you roll over (if you get up to use the bathroom, it will pick up those steps). Oh, the stairs feature (10 feet change = 1 floor) uses an altimeter so you'll get floors if the pressure changes or it's really windy. You can't cheat it by walking in an elevator, using the stair machine at the gym, or running up and down the 3 steps on your front stoop. :laugh:

I have FB linked with MFP and use the adjustment as my workout calories. I don't log my exercise on MFP, but I do write what I did in the notes.
  • Maudy16
    Maudy16 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks everyone some helpful info there and seems you can do lots with it.

Looking forward to getting up and moving to meet these goals!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I don't EVER want to live without it again!

OH!! and I fogot, I have carved my phone number in to the back of it, just in case. I have had many bit buddies lose theirs.
  • Maudy16
    Options
    I don't EVER want to live without it again!

OH!! and I fogot, I have carved my phone number in to the back of it, just in case. I have had many bit buddies lose theirs.

ha ha love this
  • HeartlessHarlot
    HeartlessHarlot Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Of course, logging your sleep might be a major eye opener. I just got my Fitbit and this is the screen shot of my sleep pattern last night. O.o

082812.jpg
  • jjtyrrell31
    Options
    I loved (note the past tense) mine. Sadly, it went through the wash after only a couple of weeks. Soooo bummed. Not sure I want to buy another one since the little bugger is so light and so tiny I think it's inevitable that it will take another bath. =(

Perhaps a HRM is better for me.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I loved (note the past tense) mine. Sadly, it went through the wash after only a couple of weeks. Soooo bummed. Not sure I want to buy another one since the little bugger is so light and so tiny I think it's inevitable that it will take another bath. =(

Perhaps a HRM is better for me.

Have you tried sending it back? I know it's silly but I've seen reviews of people who had theirs replaced for free after washing it.
  • Maudy16
    Options
    Well just had my first night with my fitbit!!!!

95% efficiency not bad to say i was up a couple of times with my little one :smile: BUT why do I feel so tired LOL

Just another question I asked earlier does the fitbit use your height and weight ect and give you the total calories burned inc what you would burn if you were sat down (BMR)? Dos anyone know?

x