Database Calories vs in take

Options
I noticed when looking up foods in the data base the caloric value is based on a 2000 calorie diet. The disclaimers states
"*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs." If I am doing a 1200 calorie diet how do I adjust the calories? Or do I even need to bother?? I'm committed to this diet but sometimes it gets confusing can anyone shed some light?

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I noticed when looking up foods in the data base the caloric value is based on a 2000 calorie diet. The disclaimers states
    "*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs." If I am doing a 1200 calorie diet how do I adjust the calories? Or do I even need to bother?? I'm committed to this diet but sometimes it gets confusing can anyone shed some light?

I'm confused too. Because My calorie goal is 1200 also..I didnt even think of that...
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    The number of calories is still the same. It's the % that is different. Like if you have something that is 200 calories it is 10% of your daily caloric needs if you are eating 2000 calories a day but it doesn't change the actual calories. Just ignore the %.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Usually the number that have to do with the 2000 cal diet are % daily values. If you are logging on MFP you don't have to pay attention to that portion of the label as you goals here already take into account your caloric intake.
  • imatur912
    Options
    Thank you very much for responding :smile: