How do you stop a binge?

Options
I need help with stopping my binges. I'll do so amazing on my diet for a few days and then this no control binge always comes on. They are my main problem. i eat healthy normally, all wheat, veggies, nuts chia seeds, apple cider vinegar the whole 9 yards but as soon as a binge comes on I screw up and turn to cheesy melty fatty evilness and A LOT of it. I feel so guilty after and lose hope in losing weight. It's hard to not eat these kinds of food living with my family that only eats crap. Any tips? Add me as well if you think we can help each other(: i'm pretty new.

Replies

• selzam2
    selzam2 Posts: 34
    Options
    My problem as well (or was!). What was holding me back from sticking to my plan was a sense of deprivation. Eventually I came to the realization that cutting out many of my favorite foods for the sake of healthy eating was just not maintainable in the long run. Like you I would break down after a few days and indulge in all the things I had forbid myself! My solution so far has been to let myself eat the things I love as long as they fit into my daily calorie goals. For example, a 150 calorie serving of ice cream after dinner, or a Mexican meal at a restaurant after eating light that day =)
  • insidemelookingout
    Options
    By not depriving myself of things I like. I have them in small amounts. I use to want to OD on a whole bag of chocolate. Now I am perfectly ok with one tiny Dove square. Denying yourself only makes you want it more and makes you more likely to binge.

You can have your cheese, just in smaller amounts!
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    The simple answer is you don't start..

You need to ask your self How bad do you want it ? How bad do you want to be fit ?

What's more important to you your weight loss goals.. Or Cheese...............................

I understand you will stumble but you always have a choice..... So stop with the " I feel so guilty because I couldn't stop my hand from grabbing the cheese and putting it in my mouth, " and learn how to control your urges and realize THAT food doesn't help me obtain my goals..

I can sympathize with you because I have been there.. I have done what you did.. I have made the OH POOR ME, I will never lose weight because I can't keep my fat mouth shut. Posts in other forums.... But I changed and so can you ..

You have to change your mind before you can change your body... You need to look at your self in the mirror and make a decision that today is the last day I feel sorry for my self.. Today is the day I am going to make a change.. today is the day I take the first steps of not only helping my self but I help others by my own experience that I can share on my journey and stop others from making the mistakes I made...

So not tomorrow... Not next week .. Today .. Today you need to ask your self.. Whats more important.. Me ? or the cheese?