PB2

Options
I just ordered two jars of PB2 for only $5.62 and that includes shipping. PB2 is the powdered peanut butter that is very low calorie and can be used in oatmeal, shakes, etc. to add peanut butter flavor. You can use the $10.00 off towards whatever you want on the Vitacost website, but if you have been wanting to try the PB2, this is a good deal. You can read more about the PB2 on the Bell Plantation website.

http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=90497650

Replies

• rf169606
    rf169606 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have you had PB2 before? I eat an apple and peanut butter almost every morning for breakfast and I'm trying to cut down on that fat (I know, its healthy fats but still!).

I've heard PB2 is great for shakes and mixing with things like yogurt for a peanut butter flavor, but what about using it as actual peanut butter? Does it taste the same? How is the texture?

I really want to try it but I don't want to buy something that I won't like!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    PB2 and PB2 chocolate are both awesome. Are they as awesome as the real stuff? Nope. Good enough for most any PB fix though.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Have you had PB2 before? I eat an apple and peanut butter almost every morning for breakfast and I'm trying to cut down on that fat (I know, its healthy fats but still!).

I've heard PB2 is great for shakes and mixing with things like yogurt for a peanut butter flavor, but what about using it as actual peanut butter? Does it taste the same? How is the texture?

I really want to try it but I don't want to buy something that I won't like!

Taste = Really good
    Texture = Not so much

PB2 is generally mixed with water. Do I want to put water on my toast? No, but PB2 is good for many other things.

I mix it in my morning oatmeal. Great as a fruit dip (apples, bananas)
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    mine just came in the mail this afternoon, you got a much better than i did on amazon~ anxious to try it!
  • rf169606
    Options
    Thanks! That is really helpful :) I am slightly addicted to peanut butter so I may use this to get my fix (As Magerum said!)

TeaBea, do you just mix it with water for fruit dip or do you mix it with something like greek yogurt?
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    It is definitely not as thick and sticky as regular peanut butter, but it tastes really good. I put it in shakes and other stuff, and I also eat it on toast with jelly. The chocolate one is especially good with strawberry jelly on toast. It totally satisfies my PB cravings and it is filling too.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time understanding why people would want all the fat out though. Fat is what makes us stay full longer and with so much of it being Omega 3 and Omega 6 fats, why would anyone eat PB2 instead of Krema PB Smooth? When the calories come from body health, shouldn't we be eating them?

Also, for us men, a diet with 30% fat is good for a healthy testosterone level. Testosterone is needed for muscle growth. So, um, yeah, why the PB2 love?
  • lelupa1
    lelupa1 Posts: 11
    Options
    grrrr I just ordered my PB2 from Amazon.
    As for wanting to cut the oil/fat. Most of us women can not eat/metabolize as much fat/oil as men. Dont forget that women burn much slower than men. Also, I tend to REALLY pack the calories getting that PB flavor in my shakes, on my apples etc. This way I can get the flavor without the fat. Trust me when I tell you I am getting enough healthy fat elsewhere.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Love PB2. Have it every day on bread for breakfast.
  • rf169606
    Options
    Thanks! I'll have to try both the regular and the chocolate!

I also get healthy fats elsewhere (fish, eggs, olive oil etc.), I just really love PB and with so much fat for 2TB I'm looking to cut down a bit. As long as it tastes good I'm sure the texture won't bother me too much!
  • CM9178
    Options
    I'm having a hard time understanding why people would want all the fat out though. Fat is what makes us stay full longer and with so much of it being Omega 3 and Omega 6 fats, why would anyone eat PB2 instead of Krema PB Smooth? When the calories come from body health, shouldn't we be eating them?

Also, for us men, a diet with 30% fat is good for a healthy testosterone level. Testosterone is needed for muscle growth. So, um, yeah, why the PB2 love?
    the answer is, because for many of us, 1 Tbsp of regular peanut butter is not enough to satisfy a craving. You can have a lot more PB2 for less calories and fat. I know it is a "good fat" but its not good, when you want 4 tbsp of it.
  • CM9178
    Options
    Thanks! I'll have to try both the regular and the chocolate!

I also get healthy fats elsewhere (fish, eggs, olive oil etc.), I just really love PB and with so much fat for 2TB I'm looking to cut down a bit. As long as it tastes good I'm sure the texture won't bother me too much!
    THIS exactly.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    This thread will likely be deleted shortly (you can't advertise a product trying to get referrals to gain money for yourself), but I did order some off of there the other day. I'm hoping it's good!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    This stuff rocks in protein shakes. As for taking the place of PB on food and such, not really.