cycling success...

Options
Greetings,

I have ridden a bicycle for years. When I turned 40 (five years ago), my ability to shed winter-weight in a few weeks of riding went away. Still, I rode hundreds of miles per year AND rode a fundraiser-300 miles from Boston to New York-over three days.

Since starting MFP in July, I have lost 19 pounds (yay me!). Yesterday, I rode a bike for the first time in weeks (I have been walking 5-6 days a week).

Some observations:

-I feel "lighter" on the bike
-I feel FASTER!
-my bike clothes feel looser
-my bike shoes feel looser
-my gut doesn't hit my upper legs when I pedal
-I want to ride more!

Thanks for reading this. I am really looking forward to next riding season!

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yuppers! Yay you! I especially like the part about your gut not hitting your thighs. Keep up the awesome work.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how envious I am of you right now.

Look at my profile, you'll see.
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your cycling successes (and weight loss)!! What an amazing feeling to see so many changes in something you love doing. :O)
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love to hear about biking successes!

exercise.png
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I bought a used Univega Hybrid off Craigslist, when I got bored of walking and doing cardio at the gym. I get in one 30-50 mile ride per week, and one 10-20 mile ride...not as long as you, but it is definetly helping the blubber come off...and soooo much more interesting than going no where on an elliptical machine.

I live in Los angeles, and all of our rivers are paved, with a bike path alongside them...awesome, awesome use of tax dollars.
  • RichardJWalter
    RichardJWalter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for the positive comments.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!