If you are a runner...

Options
I just read this and it's pretty spot on about those of us who run.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/im-truly-sorry-for-this-but-youre-about-to-hear-al,28995/

Replies

• 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Haha - I posted this to FB last week! "My God, I can barely express how insufferable I'm going to be."
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I guess we're as bad as new parents showing off pictures of Junior's first poop! :laugh: :laugh:
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    LOL! So very true!
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Too funny!:laugh:
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't do all this. I just run, and nobody knows about the mileage I run daily or the bleeding toes or the diet I eat, because it's usually some boring stuff, even when I spruce it up a bit. I thought about starting a running blog, but nobody wants to know about my painfully chaffed nipples.
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely hilarious!
  • ShannonGo
    Options
    My husband is a runner, but I've never heard him talk about this stuff to people other than me (LUCKY ME!)... but when people find out I am a runner's wife, then I must certainly want to hear this very diatribe about their own running.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Oh...I might be that guy. I even have my bib and split-time info hanging in my cubical just to suck people in.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    ... So this morning my friend Ray came over to run with me. I don't normally get up at 5:15 to run but he wanted to start early so he had time to get ready for work. I know most people would rather get in some extra sleep but I see that as an opportunity to better myself over other less dedicated people. Despite being tired I managed to get dressed, donned my Polar FT7, grabbed my smart phone and I just had a few swallows of water to keep my throat from getting dry. Too much and you can cramp up. So I tied up my awesome Nike (Did I tell you how awesome they are, and how cheap I got them for?) running shoes and headed out the door while everyone else in the house slept.

The air was nice outside. Almost crisp and hinted of the cooler weather to come this Fall. I slid my phone into my new Amphipod phone holder and logged onto RunKeeper to track this run. Even though my calves were feeling a bit sore from the 5K I did yesterday morning I knew I had it in me to do 2 miles quite easily this morning. I know, you're thinking "What is this guy training for?" Let me tell you. I have this goal of running an actual timed 5K and I would so love to pass that finish line and see a time that started with "25". I know that's not much for some people but you see I have this knee injury from a few years ago that still troubles me and it would be such a huge accomplishment to beat this injury down in to submission.

So, Ray arrived and we started off at a light 6 mph pace.......
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    right now if you replace marathon with mud run that entire story is me. just wait until october when i compete in my first 10k. LOL
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My husband is a runner, but I've never heard him talk about this stuff to people other than me (LUCKY ME!)... but when people find out I am a runner's wife, then I must certainly want to hear this very diatribe about their own running.
    That's funny!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm no marathon runner, but I must confess that I've certainly bored a few people to death with stories about my progress and the last 5K I did.......whoops!!! :laugh:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That's why there are places like dailymile.com where you can connect with other runners and not bore the you-know-what out of your real friends and family :laugh:
  • BetterMike
    BetterMike Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @iWaffle - Nice! Hope that was off the cuff and really from a conversation today!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    @iWaffle - Nice! Hope that was off the cuff and really from a conversation today!

100% True. I even spared you most of the details, but if you insist.... :smile:
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Bump for later... site is blocked at work. :frown: What could possibly be counter-productive about the Onion???
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    LOL! Yep; I've only ever run two races before and it was the Warrior Dash last year and this year, but it most of my conversations sounded about like that. I do get up at 4:45 every morning to work out T-Th being run days for me (and Sat or Sun). People think I'm nuts, but I like getting an early start and being done with training before I start work in the morning.

I am training (or WAS before I got rear-ended this weekend and got put out of commission) for the Tough Mudder for 2013; b/c I haven't ever ran 10 miles, so I know I'll need to build up to it. It really does bl0w that my training plan has been derailed but it is my neck and back....so I'll behave.
  • raggedyangst
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. I just sent it to every runner I know. I just finished Hood to Coast, and I think I'm actually talking about it in my sleep.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I don't do all this. I just run, and nobody knows about the mileage I run daily or the bleeding toes or the diet I eat, because it's usually some boring stuff, even when I spruce it up a bit. I thought about starting a running blog, but nobody wants to know about my painfully chaffed nipples.

Noone wants to hear how my left index toenail is dying to fall off... which I am anticipating as some form of crazy initiation into running (even though I have a half marathon already under my belt)... either