Anyone into anime?

Options

Replies

• joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    One good thing about Bleach - mix some music from the Bleach soundtracks into your workout playlist and you will never be the same. I challenge anyone not to go into beast mode when D-technolife comes on.

Favorite Manga: Kekkashi, Paracyte.

Favorite Anime: The Read or Die OVA, Samurai Champloo.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I love Sakamichi no Apollon!!
  • xKamishininoYari
    xKamishininoYari Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sakamichi no apollon<33333
    I just want sen and kaoru to be together but it won't happen :(
    hyoka, jormungand and hiiro no kakera seem to be my faves this season as well
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't read any manga, but I've watched quite a few anime series. My favorites are probably Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Jack and Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers to us Americans).
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    One good thing about Bleach - mix some music from the Bleach soundtracks into your workout playlist and you will never be the same. I challenge anyone not to go into beast mode when D-technolife comes on.

Favorite Manga: Kekkashi, Paracyte.

Favorite Anime: The Read or Die OVA, Samurai Champloo.

D-technolife is a good song. I like UVERworld too. My favorite from them is Colors of the Heart and Ukiyo CROSSING X3.

Samurai Champloo is awesome. Such a shame the guy behind its msuic passed away a couple years ago ;( . . .
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    sakamichi no apollon<33333
    I just want sen and kaoru to be together but it won't happen :(
    hyoka, jormungand and hiiro no kakera seem to be my faves this season as well

Hrm, I'm not into yaoi or shounen-ai, but if I was, then I'd probably be rooting for them too ^^;;
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    I don't read any manga, but I've watched quite a few anime series. My favorites are probably Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Jack and Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers to us Americans).

NGE is the most classic mindf*ck up to date, and hasn't lost its popularity, even till now XD. It was voted one of the anime that changed the face of Japanese animation @.@.

I haven't watched Space Battleship Yamato yet, but I know its had a great influence on the anime industry back in the day. Still working on the other older anime Legend of the Galactic Heroes. 50/110 eps ;-;

Love Black Jack ;D! He's so cool, and FMA of course is awesome~
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    FMA 2002 or Brotherhood? I loved both, although I found FMA to be incomplete, but interesting with its philosophical side and how the director at that time took the story in a totally different direction. The manga was hardly complete back then so I didn't blame him ;3. The movie with the whole Nazi thing was strange though ;x.

Chobits is definitely one of CLAMP's more popular works, but I didn't particularly get into it much ;x. I loved the ED Ningyo Hime though, it had a powerful message~

Vampire Knight XD...it makes me lol, just can't get into it XD.

Both FMA.. started with the original then was totally upset when they did brotherhood. I was worried that they were going to F*** it up like they did with DBz (how lame is the new series?!?!) but I actually enjoy it!

Chobits I guess is more of a girl anime lol all of my friends love it.

Vampire Knight is probably another girly one haha (but if you can't tell I am tad girlish)

But I have seen Gurren Lagen and LOVED it... and one of my friends is going to let me borrow some of his after I go over there and pick them out so I can watch them while walking on the tredmill.. then the time will just fly on by
  • monerddd
    monerddd Posts: 27
    Options
    I love anime! I am actually kind of a otaku... -_-
    All time Favorites-Vampire Knight, Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Naruto, Bleach, Durarara, Yugioh
    Clannad and Clannad After Story
    Hetalia World Series and Axis Power Hetalia
    Black Butler
    No.6
    Okami-san and her seven companions
    Princess Jellyfish
    OHSHC
    and more...~! ADD ME ANIME LOVERS!! THIS WILL BE FUN. >_< we can have fun and lose weight.. ROLEPLAY! :D
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    One quick observation from my run last night:

The Naruto soundtracks are great for running, but resist all temptations to run with both arms trailing behind your back! I cannot stress this enough -- it's fun, and you actually go kind of fast, but it burns power like you wouldn't believe.
  • Holstering
    Options
    Do I smell... an elitist?

Mainstream anime is cool, too, bro.
  • AGreen54
    AGreen54 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love anime!!!! My family is about 80% asian (almost all adopted), 4 people from China, 2 from Korea, and the only one not adopted is my sister-in-law from Japan. My favorite anime are the Miyazaki movies, Inuyasha, Rosario+Vampire, xxxholic, Fruits basket, ghost hunt, Black Butler, sailor moon, and some others. I do mostly watch the popular shows and I like learning some Japanese phrases from them ^.^ Fell free to add me, I would love to have other otaku friends :)
  • SheikFanel
    Options
    I love anime. My favorites are Escaflowne, Utena, Hana Yori Dango, Nana, My Little Mermaid anime, My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke.
    I got into anime at 5 years old or so, from watching My Neighbor Totoro and The Little Mermaid. Eighteen years later and I still love it :)
  • carlydevi
    carlydevi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me. Just saying.. :P

Been watching anime for about 10 years, then stopped a few years, started again, stopped again and well, now I'm not actively watching anything at the moment (more into japanese and korean Dramas - As in, TV series with real humans as actors ^^), but I still read fanfiction and things like that.

I guess Anime and Manga will never really stop for me. :)
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Huge into anime,mangas, and j-horror films.
    Welcoming new friends!
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have a spike costume and a kamon from flcl lol. I don't really dress up anymore but I go to plenty of cons to see my friends. Actually I lie I did dress up as luigi for anime weekend Atlanta.
  • CinnamonKai
    CinnamonKai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm into anime! I've been into anime for about 10+ years now. :D
  • DarthGibbles89
    DarthGibbles89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love anime! :D My motivation actually is cosplay season. :P This fall, I'll be going to NDK in Denver, Colorado, and I'll be cosplaying Asuna from Sword Art Online. (In addition to Haruhi Fujioka from OHSHC, a black Neko kitty, and the female protagonist from Persona 3)
  • foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Totally into anime and manga (second addiction only to my horses). I'm not genre specific either, I've watched just about everything out there, but am always open to suggestions on new stuff out there as well.

Anyone can feel free to friend me.

BTW- DarthGibbles8, I loved Sword Art (I was a little more into Aincrad than Alfheim though)
  • MishaKudo
    MishaKudo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lovelovelove anime and manga~ manga a bit more but if there is an anime convention anywhere in the area I am there! I also love to cosplay and wear lolita fashion. :) Oooh~ and j and k dramas~<3 Always looking for weight loss buddies with the same interests as me. :)