One month later and I've gotten nowhere...

Options
Well, today I got the notification that I logged on for 30 days in a row. Stepped on the scale to see that yep, I am still only one pound down from my initial weight. My measurements are about 1-2" bigger everywhere and I still cannot fit into any of my old clothes. In fact, I am holding my jeans together with a rubber band because they can't be buttoned.

I've looked over my food dairy and see days that I couldn't even bring myself to log. I see myself eating too many carbs, not enough protein, and going over on my sodium. I see days where I think, "there is no possible way my HRM could be correct... it must be overestimating." Everything that I see is a reminder of why I can't seem to do this.

I don't feel like I can talk to my boyfriend about weight loss. He has been telling me to lose this weight for over a year. He then tells me about how he ate a king sized candy bar for breakfast, Arby's for lunch, and wants to take me out to a restaurant for dinner. Not to mention that he is 4 inches taller and 15lbs lighter than me. He doesn't understand why I am not losing weight.

I'm starting to make excuses. My medication changed right around the time when I started to get bigger. This HAS to be the reason right? It can't possibly be that I'm overeating. Last January, I told myself I'd lose it by spring break. Last spring break I told myself I'd lose it by summer. Last summer I told myself I'd lose it by the time classes start. Well, classes started and I am still at an overall net loss of one pound. I'm frustrated, upset, and worried. I don't think I can do this. I had to get a new student ID yesterday and I compared it to the one I got as a freshman. You can hardly tell the two faces are the same person.

So I decided to get a personal trainer today. I clicked to submit my application and I got an error. I can't seem to get it to go through. Can't help but feel like this is another blow. My boyfriend just texted me to ask what fast food he should bring me for dinner (I said none).

What do you suggest to someone like me? I have no idea if I just can't be serious about it or I'm doing it all wrong or what. All I want to do right now is take my jeans off, put yoga pants on, and mope around my apartment wallowing in my own self pity...

Replies

• aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Unless you're heavier than you're profile pic, you don't seem like you need to lose weight. Also, unless you are short/petite, you are not eating enough. Your body needs fuel. Finally, you only have 20lbs to lose, it's going to be slow and painful. One month is not enough to measure progress.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend told you to lose weight?

Are you doing this for him or for you?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Your wish to lose the weight has to reach a point where it overrides everything else, basically. You don't seem to have quite reached that point, since you admit you know where the problems lay. Your weight isn't going to change until your mindset does, and it isn't going to magically fall off if you are still pretty much doing what you did before you joined. The good days need to outweigh the bad, you need to put a concerted effort into working on your diet, adding more protein, eating less of the unhealthy stuff, and limiting the fast food/meals out, to once a week or something similar.

You have to want this enough, that you find the determination to do what is necessary, basically.
    I sometimes get totally off track for a week at a time, but eventually, I do find the determination to drag myself back on track, hard as it is.
    You also have to consider your health, which is just as important as the weight, if not more so.

I suggest having a serious sit down and think, reading as much as you can on a healthy diet, and experimenting until you find something that is sustainable and works for you without leaving you feeling as if you are on 'a diet'.

Get in lots of fruits and vegetables, lean fish and meat, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, some nuts, sweet potatoes and other healthy foods, and start from there. And focus on what you want as the end result, and how you feel as you are right now, and find the commitment to overhaul your lifestyle so you can lose the weight.

I also suggest having a serious talk with your boyfriend and make it clear that you wont be able to lose this weight, and become a healthier and happier you, without at least some understanding on his part.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you have been set 1200 cals.

check the goals page and don't set it to "lose 2 pounds per week"

then eat your calories healthy.

healthy food is nicer than what your eating
    in fact i think ice cream is healthier.

you look young and full of energy, enjoy your life and if your boyfriend is so judgemental, review that part of your life as well.

and dance.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    can't do much without more information - height, weight, body fat % all of these factor into how much you can lose and how much you should be eating so your body will let weight go. If your profile pic is a current photo you don't look like you need to lose - what about toning what you have?

Check out this link to calculate where you should be calorie wise.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Think about starting to lift heavy to shape and improve you shape rather than losing weight.
    Check out the New rules of lifting for womens group or the stronglifts 5x5 group both have good info.

Most importantly be sure you are doing this for yourself!
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Lose the boyfriend, that would be a good start.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    DON'T LOSE WEIGHT FOR SOMEONE ELSE. :noway:
    If you aren't doing it for yourself your not going to be as motivated.
    My b/f tells me to gain weight but i don't, but he still loves me no matter how I look.
    He just likes his cushion for the pushing. :blushing:
    Your body is your body, if you love it the way it is, so should your SO.
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    ditto what the others have said..

Log every day, even the bad ones. Go for a run with your dog. Stock your house with healthy foods. Allow "cheat" days if you need/want them to stay motivated. (ex: If I do XYZ this week, I can have ABC. Just keep it reasonable.) If you drink alcohol, you need to count drinks in your log too.

Join a group/class at your university gym. Get a workout buddy.

also, I'd reconsider dating someone who tells you that you need to lose weight. (I totally ignored this advice when I was your age, but looking back now I realize that he was totally not worth the stress.)
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    I would suggest logging on your bad days so you can see how bad they really are and try to keep yourself from repeating that. And just try to stick with it and be healthy about it
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Well, today I got the notification that I logged on for 30 days in a row. Stepped on the scale to see that yep, I am still only one pound down from my initial weight. My measurements are about 1-2" bigger everywhere and I still cannot fit into any of my old clothes. In fact, I am holding my jeans together with a rubber band because they can't be buttoned.

I've looked over my food dairy and see days that I couldn't even bring myself to log. I see myself eating too many carbs, not enough protein, and going over on my sodium. I see days where I think, "there is no possible way my HRM could be correct... it must be overestimating." Everything that I see is a reminder of why I can't seem to do this.

I don't feel like I can talk to my boyfriend about weight loss. He has been telling me to lose this weight for over a year. He then tells me about how he ate a king sized candy bar for breakfast, Arby's for lunch, and wants to take me out to a restaurant for dinner. Not to mention that he is 4 inches taller and 15lbs lighter than me. He doesn't understand why I am not losing weight.

I'm starting to make excuses. My medication changed right around the time when I started to get bigger. This HAS to be the reason right? It can't possibly be that I'm overeating. Last January, I told myself I'd lose it by spring break. Last spring break I told myself I'd lose it by summer. Last summer I told myself I'd lose it by the time classes start. Well, classes started and I am still at an overall net loss of one pound. I'm frustrated, upset, and worried. I don't think I can do this. I had to get a new student ID yesterday and I compared it to the one I got as a freshman. You can hardly tell the two faces are the same person.

So I decided to get a personal trainer today. I clicked to submit my application and I got an error. I can't seem to get it to go through. Can't help but feel like this is another blow. My boyfriend just texted me to ask what fast food he should bring me for dinner (I said none).

What do you suggest to someone like me? I have no idea if I just can't be serious about it or I'm doing it all wrong or what. All I want to do right now is take my jeans off, put yoga pants on, and mope around my apartment wallowing in my own self pity...

The only way you're going to lose the weight is if you take food more seriously (not just yourself). You're hitting your caloric intake restriction; but you aren't feeding your body with nutritious foods. Seriously, how is your body going to be nourished if you are eating "Cooking Light - Chipotle Pulled-Pork Bbq Sandwiches" with 930g of sodium and 51 grams of complex carbs? And what kind of breakfast is "Great Value (Walmart) - Unsweetened Applesauce"?

When you take ALL your meals seriously, you will lose weight. But frozen dinners from ANY company is NOT going to lose you any weight.
  • DerrickA1989
    DerrickA1989 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Everything looks good in your diary. Carbs is the only thing that needs to be dropped. I'm eating 135 carbs a day. You should be eating between 120-140. Exercising is a big plus too. You seem skinny in your profile photo though but I'm not going to ask what your weight is. After that first month you should have lost at least 8 lbs if you were following your food goal strictly. You could lose more with exercise. Have a talk with your boyfriend and try to get him to support you more on this and join in with you. If he truly cares he will do this will you and push you to your goal.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about stuff that doesnt really matter...carbs, salt dont keep or stop you from losing weight. Second you do look thin in your profile pic and your bf sounds like a **** if he tells you to lose weight in my opinion