If you always do....

Options
HI friends,
I saw this quote and it hit me right between the eyes!!

IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE,
THEN YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT!!!

Does this sound familiar!! If I continued eating the way I was, even though I was exercising, my weight would not change. Time to take responsibility!

Anyone have quotes they like?
Have a great day!

Replies

• charrison
    Options
    Love this quote!! This is actually one of my favorites :):smile:

I have another one that I think goes awesome for weight loss....

"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS"
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So true, so true. Actually, it is even true in the midst of the weight loss process. We tend to get comfortable with our new exercise routine and eating habits and then all of the sudden the weight loss that we were enjoying STOPS!!!! So frustrating, so, back to the drawing board to come up with plan B to get us going again. I guess the lesson learned is--don't get too comfortable!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    The one in my signature. I thought it up :)
    "Don't THINK you can. Don't HOPE you can. Don't PRAY you can. KNOW you can!"

Another one I've been thinking of lately, just kinda out of the blue:
    Zen Weight Loss: "There is no plateau"
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, after being in corporate America for so long, many quotes have come my way. However, the only one I've ever considered actually getting a tattoo of comes from my dad. He has always said "Ticki Ticki" to represent the clock passing time. Its his way of saying "Life is Short, don't waste time (fill in the blank)". He even has a little boat named Ticki Ticki to remind him to do things he loves.

In that same frame of mind, I also love "Nothing is worth more than this day" & "Live this day". Anything to remind me that life is short. Don't waste the time you have not being happy. Be positive & be nice to others. Spend time with your family. If you love someone, be sure & tell them while you still can. Don't always wait for that "special occasion" to wear that great perfume, open that wine....
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Love this quote!! This is actually one of my favorites :):smile:

I have another one that I think goes awesome for weight loss....

"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS"

I love the first quote... But this one, for me, not so much...

This journey for me is NOT about being "Skinny"... it's about being HEALTHY... I know that I will never be skinny, my bone structure won't allow what society has determined what skinny is. So that is not ever ever my goal in this process. My goal is to healthy and happy. So I can be with my family, so my son can actually wrap his arms around me when he gives me a hug. That's what it is about... for me at least.
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    Great quote!

This is the quote I try to live by:

"As silly as it may feel, live your life with passion and enthusiasm. Even if you have to fake it sometimes." - Richard Lewis

:smile:
  • MommaPaz
    MommaPaz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I just got this one today in a motivational e-mail...

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." (Epictetus)

I like it... Its true for learning to be healthy, as well as most other aspects of life! Never stop learning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!