Going out for Drinks tonight.

Options
So I'm going out for drinks tonight with some friends for the 1st time since Ive been doing this. I dont know what to drink. I'm not really a big fan of hard alcohol...I just don't like the taste. So I was thinking about having some Bud Selects which only have like 99 calories.. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Michalob (sp) Ultra is good as well.......I usually drink a flavored vodka/rum with club soda and lots of fresh lime.....it may grow on you..........Diet coke and vanilla rum is good as well........
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    If they have it Woody's 99 coolers (with 99 cals) are pretty good. Just make sure it is really cold or served with ice.

I usually go for hard liquor with diet pop.
    One of my favs is vodka, splash of oj and diet gingerale.

For beer, Stella light is good. I'm not sure of the exact amount of calories though.
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I also think you should stick with beer and get maybe Michelob Ultra because of the calories. Coors light is what I like to drink and it isnt as high in calories as Bud light I dont think.

If you want to try wine, try red wine, I like pinot noir. It is acutally good for you, if you just have one glass and not the whole bottle!

I think its a good thing that you do not like hard alcohol. I wouldnt try to let it 'grow on you' because at least beer, in moderation can benefit your kidneys, wine has antioxidants...but liquor...liquor has no benefits to the body whatsoever and can get you into alot of trouble. I stopped drinking liquor about 2yrs ago and havent picked it back up since.
  • ep74426
    Options
    I would stick with any light beer like what you've already mentioned or some wine! You could always ask the bartender for suggestions as well. Have fun!!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    I wasn't talking about aquiring affinity for hard liquor, I was talking about taste alone.........
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Bud Select isn't too bad. There's actually a fairly new Bud Select 55. Only 55 calories. Bud's answer to MGD 64. I haven't tried it, though.

Or...you could just do a triple workout and have Leinenkugel 1888 Bock. Best beer, ever! :-)
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Bud Select isn't to bad. There's actually a fairly new Bud Select 55. Only 55 calories. Bud's answer to MGD 64. I haven't tried it, though.

Or...you could just do a triple workout and have Leinenkugel 1888 Bock. Best beer, ever! :-)

Chicago was a test market for Bud Select 55, and I bought some....it's not a 'beer drinkers' beer, but for the calories, it is ok.......
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing tonight - I'm sticking with Miller 64 but I've always been a Miller girl. You can have 2 or 3 at 64 calories each. A glass or two of red wine always sounds nice too! Have fun tonight, I'll be thinking of you over cocktails!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing tonight - I'm sticking with Miller 64 but I've always been a Miller girl. You can have 2 or 3 at 64 calories each. A glass or two of red wine always sounds nice too! Have fun tonight, I'll be thinking of you over cocktails!

Im not sure if you've ever had miller 64 because I tried it..and was very dissapointed. 1st off...it tastes like water. Second off...there is like no alcohol in it at all lol. You would have to drink the whole 6 pack if you actually wanted to get a little buzzed. But it's good i guess if your just drinking it for the tatse...well if you like the taste of water'd down beer that is lol.
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Go and enjoy yourself!!! Don't drink something you don't like!!! You can also buy what you like and pre-drink (if you are not driving) and then have a couple while your out!!!! And get a buzz lol
  • brattazz
    Options
    Having a beer or a drink is a fun thing to do but, don't short change yourself when it comes to the finer spirts that are out there.

If you enjoy beer, have the beers that have a flavor/taste that you like. Just remember this means that you have to do some extra work in the gym to offset it.

I always enjoy a full bodied microbrews and used to over do it. Now when I go out to places with a wide selection of brews, spirts or wines I ask for samplers or limit myself to one. ok some times two.

The next day I put in the extra effort at the gym to make it up.