How do you inspire?

Options
Morning Everyone,

I purchased a new pair of "When I get there" jeans last night ~meaning they are my reward when I get to my goal weight. I hung them on the bathroom door so everytime I go into the bedroom, I see them. Good motivation!:smile:

I'm wondering, what do you do to inspire & motivate yourself?

Cheers to a wonderful Friday!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Nothing is more inspiring that the loss of those first 5 lbs!! Do what you have to to lose those and then you will get in the grove. Be hard on yourself at first...stay within your calories even though you don't want to. Go on that walk, etc. Once you see those pounds melt....you'll be inspired :)
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I pick out a bikini from the Victorias Secret catalog that I will buy when I reach my goal weight. I cut the picture of it out and post it on my bathroom mirror. I do this every year when I'm working on getting back into bikini shape and it works for me every time!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of buying a really awesome dress I like but it only comes to size 16. My fear in doing that would be I won't lose enough in the bust and it would never fit and then I would be out the money!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    for me i set small weight goals for myself. ones i can get in a few weeks or less.. so I am always hitting some sort of goal. first it was 5 pounds, then getting under 300, then getting to 275... eventually it was hitting 100 pounds lost.. now that I hit that I am shooting for another 10+ by my one year date in mid march... then under 200... and on and on. If i have successes often, even small ones, it keeps me motivated to keep going. and, as i get in better and better shape it is easier to keep motivated :)
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Nothing is more inspiring that the loss of those first 5 lbs!! Do what you have to to lose those and then you will get in the grove. Be hard on yourself at first...stay within your calories even though you don't want to. Go on that walk, etc. Once you see those pounds melt....you'll be inspired :)

I completely agree... my motivation is seeing my weight loss when I step on the scale, each pound is that much more motivation to keep going!!
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Now that I look at it, my ticker isn't showing the 6 pounds I've lost. Anyone know why it might not be working?
  • fisher110
    fisher110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a jar that is marked "March 31, 2010". (Since I have about 8-10 pounds to go, I thought that was a good date.) Anyway, everyday I put something in the jar -- it might be a dollar, a gift card I got for Christmas, a new tube of lipstick, etc. I cannot use anything in the jar until March 31, 2010 or on the date I have met my weight loss goal. I am hoping to have this jar full of goodies!!
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    And I LOVE the bathing suit idea! I got a VS gift card in my Christmas stocking, I may just save it for a new suit. Great suggestion!
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is that maybe you accidentally changed your starting weight without realizing it???

Now that I look at it, my ticker isn't showing the 6 pounds I've lost. Anyone know why it might not be working?
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options

My ticker isn't showing the right weight loss for me either. I started at 149 and I'm 144 this morning and it's showing 4 lbs. I tried resetting it and I give up.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I myself also do the VS bathing suite. I found the one I want and keep it as my phone wallpaper to remind me of things. I also bought it just in case it won't be there when make my goal. So now I have to get to my goal so I can wear it! LOL
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am doing that with my old favorite pair of jeans!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I put on my old bikini and had my husband take a "before" picture of me in it.....ewww! Seeing how horrible I look really gives me the motivation to work out hard.
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My first husband passed away in 2007. I have the jeans I wore when we went on our first date. I have pulled those to the front of my closet so I see them every time I get dressed.

Since then, I've remarried. My husband is so supportive! He told me when I lose my first 10 lbs he will buy me a tanning package. Then every 5 lbs after that he's gonna get me a new pair of pants!