Any one from PA and what area

Options
I live in the Poconos and I am surrounded by beautiful waterfall hikes and views and I'm trying to get in shape to hike the trails. I used to live in a nice little town where I could walk every where...Now Im in the woods and afraid or walking around.

Replies

• Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hi neighbor!!!! I'm in the W-B and afraid to walk alone anywhere!!!
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im from Phila, Pa.....but I love the Poconos we use to vacation there all the time in the summer, the moutains are a pefect area to get workouts in it's beautiful Enjoy hun!!!
  • d_lorelei
    d_lorelei Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You do live in paradise! I was in the Scranton area for 5 years. I loved it! The one problem I had was with food. People, in Scranton didn't seem to know what a vegetable was! Now, I'm back in California, where we have tons of fresh veggies, but nowhere to hike! :laugh: Don't be afraid of walking in the woods! Do you have a dog? That would help!
  • keekey009
    Options
    where did you visit up here
  • DevonW32
    Options
    We alway stay at the Shawnee Resorts or Fernwood Resorts in East Stroudsburg Pa
  • keekey009
    Options
    that's right down the road from me hahha...small world
  • DevonW32
    Options
    yea how about that.....lucky you :)
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hey Neighbors... I live in south Central PA (Lebanon Area) near Hershey.
  • butterflikisses13
    butterflikisses13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm in the Poconos, born here and never left. I'm used to the woods by now and haven't really been out in them in a while. Devil's Hole in Paradise is a REALLY nice place to walk/hike around, and it's mostly trails.
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southern York County - Stewartstown. But, I was born in Bloomburg and raised in Harrisburg. Love living in PA. It's beautiful.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    From the mountains of the Schuylkill county coal region. Near Pottsville home of the Yuengling brewery, but I work and commute to Harrisburg.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    From the mountains of the Schuylkill county coal region. Near Pottsville home of the Yuengling brewery, but I work and commute to Harrisburg.

Wow, you have done phenomenal! The Skook is not the easiest place to get healthy, too many distractions!!!

I should know, I live in Texas now, but was born and raised in Frackville--!!
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    I live in Southern Chester county. Was just up your way to take my kids to the Great Wolf lodge. Beautiful up there.
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Southern Schuylkill County here!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am in Valley Forge, Pa. I go to the Promised land every year, love it there.
  • emdf7a
    emdf7a Posts: 36
    Options
    I lived in New Hampshire for most of my life...Does that count? LOL!
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    From Philadelphia, PA here. :bigsmile: