nc_moon_beam v. chocolate fudge brownie - NSV

Options
I organized a meeting today for an outside vendor, who was nice enough to include me in the lunch order. She got me a fabulous salad with mixed greens, walnuts, raisins, cranberries, grilled chicken... and a few other tasty morsels. It was so very good and fit in well with my attempts to eat low-carb/low-sugar at the advice of my endocrinologist.

However, in the bag with the salad was a chocolate fudge brownie. I took it out and set it aside, not sure how long I could handle the temptation of it slyly flirting with me from the corner of my desk.

"You KNOW you want me...." it said with a perfect Barry White voice. Hmmph.

I turned up my Pandora Radio and proceeded to eat the salad, which was quite filling and satisfying. I added the salad to my food counter here, and just for laughs, I punched in the brownie just to see how it would fit in IF I decided I wanted to eat it. Sorta like looking at the cute dude at the gym. After all, my endocrinologist didn't say NO carbs, he just said LESS carbs. Well, it fit in OK with my calories and carb intake, but if I decided to eat it, I'd have to make up for it somewhere down the line.

Isn't there ALWAYS a trade-off? No sin goes unnoticed for long.

After all, I'd been doing this low-carb thing for about 10 days, during which time I have had no white bread, no extra added white sugar, no rice, no pasta.... no white potatoes, no chips.... and there sat the brownie. Mocking me.

"Let's get it oooonnnnnn....." it sang.

I gave in and took a bite. It was HORRID. Too sweet. Too dry. Too crunchy. And somewhat stale.

It's in the trashcan now, singing the blues by itself.

VICTORY IS MINE!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!