Cinnamon Sugar Kettle Corn Seasoning - 0 Calories/Pic

Options
nortx
nortx Posts: 130
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a recipe for Homemade Kettle Corn seasoning with 0 calories. Today I was shopping and saw a bag of Cinnamon Kettle Corn and thought... yep, gotta try that at home.

ckc.jpg

I am posting the Cinnamon Sugar Kettle Corn seasoning and the original Kettle Corn seasoning recipe. The secret to getting it fine enough to coat the corn is to crush the ingredients with the back of a spoon to make it as fine as possible.

This is so good it's addictive!

There are more recipes on my MFP blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nortx

Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Kettle Corn Seasoning - 0 calories

Ingredients:

- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 packages of Stevia or Pure Via
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- popped corn (6-7cups)

Preparation:

1. Combine salt, Stevia and cinnamon in a bowl. Using the back of a spoon, crush/grind the ingredients until they are a fine powder.
2. When your corn is finished popping, give it a spray with butter flavored cooking spray and quickly sprinkle prepared seasoning over. Toss the corn. To get it evenly though the corn, spray and sprinkle in thirds.

Homemade Kettle Corn Seasoning

Ingredients:

- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages of Stevia or Pure Via
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- popped corn (6-7cups)

Preparation:

1. Combine ingredients in a bowl
2. With the back of a teaspoon, crush the mixture until it is like powder. Doing this makes it easier to sprinkle and the salt isn't as concentrated
3. When your corn is finished popping, give it a spray with butter flavored cooking spray and quickly sprinkle Kettle Corn seasoning. Toss the corn.

Enjoy!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this!

I'm wondering if you could make a larger batch with the same proportions of seasonings, and whir it in the Magic Bullet for a bit to crush it into smaller particles, and then store it in a shaker. Maybe worth a try.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Will definitely try this.......Thanks
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Bump! I can't wait to try this, thank you for sharing the recipes!
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    Thanks! I just started using my air popper and have been looking for some tasty toppings. I have tried kettle seasonings.. and I didn't like them very much. Maybe it's because I like Act II Butter Lovers lol... or maybe the seasonings just don't taste that great. Your recipe sounds great! :bigsmile:

Edit to add.. Kernel seasonings.. not kettle seasonings lol...
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Bump
  • mkrainville7409
    mkrainville7409 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    sounds fantastic! must try
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Went to your site and loved the way you use corn tortilla's. I too have no control when it comes to Frito's so thank you for the recipes.
  • nortx
    Options
    @MyOwnSunshine: What a great idea. I don't have a bullet but that would be so convenient. Do you need to know the exact measurement of the Stevia or how much this recipe makes in total? Would that help you? I think putting it all into a shaker is a great idea!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I recently found a bagged cinnamon kettle corn that's yummy and not bad for calories but this would be great to make
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • nortx
    Options
    Went to your site and loved the way you use corn tortilla's. I too have no control when it comes to Frito's so thank you for the recipes.

@tbruegg just saw your comments about the fritos. Thanks so much. I make these all the time and spice them up. They make great munchies.

Thanks again.:flowerforyou: