Skin hanging...

Options
Does anybody else have ALOT of skin/fat hanging? I think if I could cutoff all that is hanging I would be 30 pounds lighter. I am not sure how to get rid of this. I can show pics if interested in sharing ideas. I have lost 60 pounds and exercise has helped some, but it seems like not much.

Replies

• Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Skin will only tighten up so much after being stretched. A good plastic surgeon can help when you reach and maintain goal for a while.
  • aranajt3
    aranajt3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have been told I am a good candidate for surgery, but I honestly cannot afford to take off work and being a mom long enough to recover.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on 60lbs!!! I am really short and had two c-sections (I see you have 3 kids) and I know I will always have this "flap aka apron" forever unless I get surgery. But I don't have the money and my insurance won't cover it. I was 282 before my son was born at a whopping 11lbs 3oz. I am now still 235lbs, and my belly just gets flabbier and flabbier. If.. no, WHEN I get to my goal weight I will probably be able to roll it up and tuck it in my bra. My mom and Aunt have the same type of belly :( Save up for surgery if you can. My husband works and I really don't have anyone that will watch my kids for the aftercare/recovery. So maybe one day when they are older.
  • captnemo44
    captnemo44 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. go and see your family Dr sometimes when you have the excess skin , your skin gets irritated. You develope a rash that won't go away, sometimes they can get your inusrance company to cover this procedure. Hope this helps
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem in the tummy after 3 csections and way too long of being massively overweight. And I don't think this last 40 pounds is going to get rid of it. Blah!