Having a Bad Day

Options
I'm quite happy at the moment because I have made it under the 200lb mark :) Saying that, though, I have had a negative day/week.
I go to work Thursday-Sunday working from about 11am-3.30pm then back on at 5:30pm-10pm. On my three days off (or just before work one day depending on my schedule for the week) I go to the gym and aim to burn between 800-1000 calories in a session (which is about between 60-90 minutes). I've been loving this and it's made me feel so much better every time I go. However, some things are getting to me:
- Understandably, I am tired. I go to the gym in the morning so I can relax at night, but the amount of hours I do at work (which cannot change) gets to me as well.
- When I am at the gym, no matter how much I warm up and stretch, I cannot use a rowing machine for more than a few minutes without a horrible pain in my calf. (I could only manage about 45 mins at the gym today, focusing more on arms and abs because of this pain and also due to a massive blister on my foot :( )
- I've indulged maybe a bit too much today and tomorrow I am going out for dinner with work friends to a curry house but have accepted this occasion as my "naughty day" but I still feel the guilt.

I don't know, I just feel a bit alone in my weight loss.

Replies

• Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the milestone, thats awesome!

I think everyone is allowed "off" days. The trick is picking right back up the next day or, for those really rough days, having some good friends to help pick you up!

Onward and upward, and Progress not Perfection!
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It's okay to have a bad day! Mine was yesterday. Congrats on getting below 200! That is a great milestone!

Sorry to hear about your rowing and the calf pain. Maybe just do something else for a while. Keep going, and learn a new machine/exercise. The elliptical is a good cardio workout, and very low impact.

Keep it up, and take care!
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    wtg on getting under such a big mark! good luck on the rest of your weightloss battle. i myself am battling to get down over 46 lbs and i could use mroe friends if you would like to add me!
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! Welcome to "Onederland"....can't wait to get there myself!!!!
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Focus on the positive...getting below the 200 lb is a HUGE accomplishment and you should be ver very proud!!!! CELEBRATE that!!!!! Give yourself some credit for petes sake!!!!!!! Remember that this is a journey, it takes time and there will be ups and downs, dont worry about every little thing, and dont sweat the small stuff. Enjoy your dinner out! Use this web site as your support system, we are all going through this together, you are not alone in this weight loss journey!!!!!

Feel free to friend me if you want :bigsmile:
  • cindylou1992
    Options
    Thanks guys, really love how supportive you all are!
    The dinner night wasn't as calorific as i had expected (had a salad for lunch and didn't drink much when I was out) and i've not been particularly bad today as I tend to be a bit relaxed with food if I have a busy day at work.