Suggestions for best at home low budget workout

Options
I am currently running in the mornings which is my primary form of exercise however I would like to start adding in some afternoon workouts. I would like to focus on strength training and flexibility. I have to be able to do this at home and I have next to no budget. So what do you suggest?

Replies

• ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Nobody??
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What about "You are Your Own Gym"
    check out this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_Z4Y_0h6A&feature=related
  • AzDave43
    AzDave43 Posts: 12
    Options
    Check out Fitnessblender.com. They have over 100 videos and it's all free. You do have to open an account but it is a totally free website. Many of the videos don't require any weights/equipment, some do. As you go along, just buy what you need.

Good luck!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

I love this. I think they have different levels. This one is for beginners and shows how you can use things at home for your circuit training. :)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I was just going to post about this, but you asked. Well I have a very low low budget as well. There are so many things you can do.
    1) if you have no money at all to spend, try your local library. If they don't have it many libraries get videos and books from interlibrary loans. check it out, you will be surprised. you can also find great books that give you workout routines and strength training advice.
    2) If you need more weights , go to Craigslist see if you can get some for cheap, or garage sales. people are always selling that stuff. That goes for any equipment. And you can negotiate.
    3) I have read on here that there are some youtube channels and videos for working out. you can probably do a search and find where it is.
    4) There are some good strength dvd's and fitness programs. maybe you know someone who has done a program like, P90X, maybe you can borrow it. Or try ebay, craigslist again
    5) I just subscribed to Gaiam TV. Will let you know how that is but its $10/month.
    6)Go online and find workouts for free. Make your own folder/binder or routines, and make it your own at home.

Good luck, its all possible even on a budget.
  • smile02me
    Options
    I would suggest buying Chalene Johnson's book PUSH or check it out from the library. It covers diet, goals and exercises. Plus instead of investing in weights I learned from her workout Chalean Extreme about the workout bands. One band can do so much. If an exercise gets too easy, just shorten the band.
  • xxPEANUTxx
    Options
    BLOGILATES ON YOUTUBE! She is awesome.
    ANd I just talked to my friend and asked him if pilates would be a good while you run and he said its perfect (he is a huge fitness freak).
    Good for flexibility and has resistance training within it
    She is free and posts new videos often.
    She also has a website for healthy eating tips and what not

http://blogilates.com/

Good luck! =)
  • MizMliss
    MizMliss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Gabbyandlaird.com they have a SWEET his & hers 90 program, minimal equipment needed.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great suggestions, I will look into some of these tomorrow. I really appreciate the responses!
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper has all his DVD's on sale for $5 at bobharper.com. He kills ya!
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump