What heart rate monitor do you guys use?

Options
Which ones do you find to be the best?

Please and thank you =)

Replies

• AndreaGrace29
    AndreaGrace29 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've only had one but I use the Polar FT4. Its basic but it continuously monitors your HR and how many calories you burn. It does have a chest strap but honestly it hits you under your bust where the bottom of your bra is anyways, so you cant even tell that it's there.

Oh! And I love it! Seeing the numbers and knowing they are more accurate than alot of other HRMS out there is pretty motivating!! :)
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    When I exercise I use my iphone to calculate my heartbeat every 10mins using the iPhone app...then I average it and then plug the sucker in using a website that let me know how many calories I burn using my average heartbeat. Its cheaper in my case.
  • oregongal77
    Options
    I use the Polar FT7. I love it, best investment ever!
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Also have a Polar FT4 and absolutely love it!
  • Brewhockey
    Brewhockey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been using a Sigma PC-15 for several years. The accuracy can't be beat and it has the features I need.
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Polar FT 7. Love it!
    Check Amazon.com --> Look for HeartRateMonitors, LLC. they were the cheapest at $75
  • Valdeezie
    Valdeezie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also have the polar FT4 and I love it. Whatever u buy get the one with the chest strap! It is the most accurate!
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Suunto T3D. You can connect different modules like a running pod or cycling pod to capture different data wth heart rate data. Also you can upload your HR and workout data to a website for trending over time. Helps you measure cardiovascular improvements over time.
  • JanelleEathorne
    JanelleEathorne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Forerunner 610. I LOVE it! If is VERY accurate! It has GPS and does interval training for my walk/run. It is expensive... but worth it!
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    My pulse and a clock.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I bought a Suunto Quest and I did have to adjust it to get a more accurate calorie count (it was way high when I first got it but it assumes that a relatively fit person is buying it). I really like their web interface and the easy upload to the web.
  • xxPEANUTxx
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your answers! I am going to do some research on them. =)
  • caseye98
    caseye98 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60 and LOVE IT!! I got it for half the price to on bodytronics.com. It was only $125, which on polar.com, it is $219.95. :)
  • hellou76
    hellou76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Polar FT40 best investment ever, it cost me £85gbp so not the cheapest but not the most expensive, I chose this one in the beginning because it is white wraps around my wrist and not the usual big black bulky style. I love it, it seems very accurate and uses a fitness test which is supposed to equate to my V02max to calculate calories burned etc.