Favorite go to meals??

Options
Hello!

I just really really enjoyed 2 of my low-cal meals today and wanted to share and learn about other people's fav things to repeat in their menu!

Breakfast...
plain nonfat greek yogurt (I like Greek Gods brand)
1 tbsp PB
1 tbsp jelly
small handful of honey roasted peanuts...

nummy and doesn't taste low fat! and I love PB&J anything ;)
*I also like plain greek yogurt with honey and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice ;)

Dinner... (2nd time this week)
Great Harvest Bread Company Nine Grain bread slice toasted
1/2 Avacado mashed, with a little salt
6 slices of deli ham (I had honey or brown sugar)
1 small persian cucumber
tomatoes
topped with more salt/pepper..I like seasoning!

both meals are around 300 calories, delish, and make me enjoy my "diet" ;)

Can't wait to hear yours!

Replies

• mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i like a tortilla kale pizza. a tortilla, pizza sauce and cheese, and piled high with kale. today i made it with spinach. its about 250 calories.

my NEW favorite obsession is a BLAT sandwich. bacon, lettuce (ok, i use spinach), mashed avocado and tomato on toasted whole grain bread. sooooooooo delicious. this one was higher at 400ish calories.

also zucchini pasta. zucchini cut into ribbons, sauteed for a few minutes and then topped with pasta sauce. yum! it's like 130 calories, and 200ish calories with some cheese on top!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    my NEW favorite obsession is a BLAT sandwich. bacon, lettuce (ok, i use spinach), mashed avocado and tomato on toasted whole grain bread. sooooooooo delicious. this one was higher at 400ish calories

This ^^^ sounds yummy :drinker:
  • spark409
    spark409 Posts: 96
    Options
    for snacking i find that having smoked salmon pieces really takes care of my fat cravings so i dont reach for cookies
  • beekgirl
    Options
    I love this topic! Yes, our "GO-TO" meals...

FRITTATA:
    For breakfast, I like to make a huge frittata with 12 eggs, cut it into 6 pieces, and save the leftovers for quick meals the next few days. I use very little olive oil, TONS of veggies (whatever I have in the fridge, spinach, zucchini, broccoli, onion, etc.) and sometimes add some smoked salmon or some goat cheese crumbles. When I add up all of the calories it's basically eating two eggs plus veggies, so even with the salmon or cheese it's about 200-ish calories.

EGG MUGS:
    From Hungry Girl-- making eggs in the microwave in a mug. Less than 200 calories. http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1499

CHICKEN STIR FRY:
    De-bone a rotisserie chicken, cut up 2 cups of chicken pieces. Stir fry onion, chopped zucchini, garlic, fresh grated ginger, and add an entire bag of "Mann's Rainbow Salad," which is lots of broccoli and cauliflower and carrots shredded up. Add 3 Tbsp soy sauce and about 1 Tbsp of honey. Super fast and one cup of it is less than 200 calories and very FAST and filling! YUM!

SOUPS-- pretty much any soup I make adds up well for calories and makes great leftovers.

Thanks for this topic! :bigsmile:
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    everything i eat at the moment is a favourite go-to meal! i'm eating pretty much the same thing every day because i know i like it, it's easy to organise, and i know it's good for me.

breakfast is always yoghurt wit herbalife shake powder. i'm having dutch chocolate at the moment and it sort of reminds me of cake mix, which is a treat!
    lunch is a wrap with tofu, light cheese, spinnach and tomato - super easy, i cook the tofu in the sandwich press at work!
    dinner is one of the two options that i have pre-made and frozen in individual portions each week. this week it's lentil curry or pea soup
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'm going to have to try the egg mugs. That sounds great for on the go!