Strawberries - helpful hint

Options
If you are unable to eat all your strawberries before they go bad, you can stretch their "eat-ability" by slicing them up and putting them in the syrup of a canned fruit.

On Tuesday evening I did this because I knew I would have to throw them out - I'll be eating the last of them today with lunch. I used the syrup from the jar of DelMonte, no sugar added peaches. It added a couple extra days to them & they are really yummy :happy:

Replies

• Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If you are unable to eat all your strawberries before they go bad, you can stretch their "eat-ability" by slicing them up and putting them in the syrup of a canned fruit.

On Tuesday evening I did this because I knew I would have to throw them out - I'll be eating the last of them today with lunch. I used the syrup from the jar of DelMonte, no sugar added peaches. It added a couple extra days to them & they are really yummy :happy:
  • mariza
    mariza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, I put them in the freezer...then you can take them out any day/time, put them in a blender and you have a low cal ice cream......no sugar or other additives and tastes great!