Water...Water...Water

Options
Just a question...I don't drink enough water...It seem that i get to busy during the day to drink anything....any thoughts on helping me get on track with the H20 drinking...?

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Get one of those CamelBak things and wear it everywhere; you'll never need to take time searching for water.
  • throwback682
    Options
    I work in a bar and I have started keeping MiO behind the bar because it encourages me to drink more water and less soda while I'm working. I would carry a stainless steel (or BPA-free plastic, or whatever) water bottle with you, and maybe a bottle of MiO, and see if that helps. I have a hard time drinking plain water.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about drinking more water. If your body needs it, it will let you know in the form of thirst.

Besides, drinking 8 glasses a day is a myth: http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/06/08/water-eight-glasses-myth.html
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle that has the ounces marked on the side. I fill up 16 oz, add ice, and basically make myself drink it before breakfest. I do the same before lunch and dinner. If I don't do this I maybe drink 2 glasses a day. Maybe it will work for you :)
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you have time to at least eat! Like NM said, try drinking 16oz with pretty much every meal.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    set an alarm/reminder on your phone, computer, or clock and every hour drink a 6oz glass. If you do that for 12 hours out of the day you will get 72oz.
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    Crystal light! I have to be "thirsty" to drink plain water. Otherwise, I won't drink it unless I force myself. Did 12 cups today, that's rare! Ha..But seriously crystal light makes it go down easier! You won't even know you're drinking water. They make "to go" packets too!
  • ckitsch81
    ckitsch81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Here's a great 1-2 punch:

Buy a reusable water bottle (like a Klean Kanteen or Camelbak). Then download an app on your phone to track your water intake (there are a few out there). You can track how much you've drank and set alarms to remind you to have a glass throughout the day.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    water water water!! always water! ita all water!