Started 1200 cal diet 3 days ago. not lost an oz!!!

Options
It is very frustrating to have not lost anything yet. A year and a half ago I lost 50 lbs, and this spring a put 8 back on when i started a relationship......always happens to me. I was walking 3.3 miles a day at about 11 minutes a mile, so it was a great work out pushing my 30lb daughter in the stroller. But then this summer was just way to hot to go walking especially with her so a gained about ten more. i am glad that I found my fitness pal, its a big help to see it all in front of you. just wish my results were faster. The last time I lost right away, about a lb a day! but i will keep at it!

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! But you DON'T want to be a yo-yo dieter. That's what happens when you lose a pound a day. You lose and you put it back on .....and you lose again, and you put it back on with more.....and you lose and you put it back on....

Lose SLOWLY. You set a life eating plan for yourself and stick to it forever and you will never gain the weight back again. So please DO keep at it. And have patience....I promise, its worth the wait. :)
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Please just WAIT. A week is nothing! It takes about 3 weeks to see progress.

Keep going forward, it's better than going backwards :flowerforyou:
  • GabeSpain
    GabeSpain Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Losing weight takes a lot of time, patience, hard work, and dedication. You can't expect to see results by the 3rd day already, that's almost impossible. It took me 2 years of ridiculous exercise and dieting before I even started feeling happy and satisfied about how my body looked, and I still have a lot of work to go. Everyone's body is different when losing weight, but the only thing you can do is stay dedicated and keep at it!! Good luck!!!
  • chriskrycho
    Options
    Just keeping at it is the biggest thing – our bodies respond differently for all sorts of reasons, including weather and other life circumstances.

Also, be careful not to eat too little! 1200 calories may be just fine for you, or it may be so low that your body actually holds on to weight – it depends on how much you currently weigh and what your life style is like. If you look around, you'll see lots of discussions about "basal metabolic rate" (BMR – make sure you eat this much every day!) and eating back your calories (do it! Your body needs it!).

Good luck – just keep at it and you'll get where you want to be. :)
  • elenabab
    elenabab Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Recently read an article about the fact that your weight reflects the average of what you eat / exercise over the previous half year to a year. Continue your diet and plan to see those lasting results on that time scale rather than in a matter days, that's likely water weight anyhow.
    Stay strong!!!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    1 pound a day of fat requires a 3500 calorie deficit in a day. Highly unlikely. You lost mostly water weight when the scale moved a pound a day. Slow and steady IS the best way to lose if you want it to stay off long term. By the way, 1200 is usually way to low for most people,especially if you're exercising. I suggest you visit this post to figure out how many calories you really should be eating: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Stick to it! You'll see the results. 3 days really isn't much time.

Track every day, drink the recommended amount of glasses of water and get in exercise at least 3 days a week...whether it's taking the baby on a walk or putting in a workout video.

You can do it! :)
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What iv learned that is very important is that IT TAKES TIME
    and it took a long time to put weight on
    and its gonna take a long time to put weight off..
    make it a lifestlye change.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    a pound a day is crazy!!!!

if everyone would lose weight in 3 days we'd all "diet"

keep it up ull see results it doesn't come easy
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i followed the 1200 a day and have lost 88lbs in 9 months.

Then again i am better than you so tha tmight have something to do with it.