Setting New Goals

Options
3 weeks in and I feel GREAT. the second week was a bit of a bear, but I bounced back and had a good third week. I'm actually excited about losing weight now and have a vision of a lighter, healthier, hotter me. Thanks to all the people on here who model perseverance and success. You're an inspiration.

I'm setting new goals: 50 lbs by Spring Break (Disney Cruise), 25 more by June 19 (my birthday and my sister's wedding - not to me, i'm from KY and all, but she's marrying someone else), and 40 by Christmas. That's right... 225 by Christmas. How great would that be. Can't wait to post before and after pics and be helpful for others.

Replies

• DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Amen to that brother! My 3rd week in and I'm actually doing much better than I thought I was going to do. There is always room for improvement however. So keep up the good work.
  • chera325
    chera325 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's a whole lot of weight to lose in under a year. Just be careful you're not losing too quickly. Good luck though! I know you'll do great :)
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think you should be careful trying to lose so much in such a short time. I have been on Jenny Craig since July of 09 and am now down 31 pds. I have I think 8 more to go to reach my goal and it took that long to lose it. I know that when you first lose you lose alot....I did 9 pds in first 2 weeks but after that is went to 1.5 pds a week and now 1pd per week so please don't get upset or discouraged if you don't get exactly what you want....just keep going and you will get there. I am the type that gets upset with myself if I don't lose so I have to watch my own reactions to things and know that it will come off when it is right for my body to lose it and I think it will happen for you as well. Good luck and God's speed!!!!!:flowerforyou:

ps...I am losing for my lil sis' wedding too.....hers is May 28th!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    It's great to have aggressive goals, but don't be afraid to reasses them if you need to (ie - don't let not meeting a goal get you down!).
    The weight is probably going to fly off you at first, but it will slow down! It doesn't mean you're not doing a great job, it just means your body starts to adjust and the less weight you have to lose, generally, the more slowly it comes off. So, that being said, 225 may be *possible* by Christmas if you're going at this Biggest Loser style. Just be sure to realize that losing even 100 pounds by next Christmas would be PHENOMENONAL!

Keep up your hard work and you'll get there!
  • kcnurse
    Options
    I am trying to set very reasonable goals....unlike I have done a million times in the past.
    I am striving for 2 pounds a week. If I do more or less one week, I'm not going to "give up" rather learn and move on to the next week.

I would like to be under 200 pound by 12-31-10. I have not been that thin since I was 32 yrs old...and I will be 44 in a few weeks.

Keep the faith everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!