Weight loss from August 09 until January 10....

Options
I don't have many pictures of myself heavy. I've avoided the camera like THE PLAGUE since gaining weight. Lots of pictures of hubby and children, but I'm curiously absent....

But I just found this picture of myself the other day, taken this summer. Now, it's a BAD picture- not just because I'm heavy, but because my hair is in a ponytail (I was feeling so gross I couldn't even be bothered to color or cut my hair nicely. It's like I just didn't care at all!) and whatnot. Not wearing makeup, stupid expression, etc. But you can really tell how big I was then (I think I was at about 170 or something- not even at my heaviest!).

carriegross.jpg

Here's another one of me taken about the same time, maybe a month or two earlier than the above one:

4577_211807635787_839380787_7264848.jpg

This picture was taken of me the other day at about 153. So about 17 pounds and a LOT of exercise later, here's me now:

17077_437015995146_551955146_107587.jpg

Still about 28.2 pounds away from my goal, but I'm more than halfway there now!

Replies

• catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Wow, the change is amazing! You look really great!
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    Major change :)
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    Wow!!! congrats!!! Keep up the Great work!!!
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lookin great!!!!!
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Beautiful, Carrie! So proud of you :)

Ugh, I still dread the camera. I have this one heinous photo of myself at my heaviest right before I came to PR that I look at, but until I can stand to take a fresh pic of me, nobody sees the ugly truth.

I WISH I LOOKED AS GOOD AS YOU!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Congrats!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • woodsfamily2006
    Options
    Wow!! you and I are built a lot alike(heavy and thin), and I just had my second (well 6 months ago). It is so encouraging and motivating to see how flat your belly is and how great you look!! I just can't wait. Congratulations, and keep it up!! Your doing great! :smile:
  • newme04
    Options
    You look amazing and as my first day on here, I'm totally pumped to use this site now and look like you!!! Thank you for posting!!!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Carrie you amaze me every day girl!! You are looking fantastic!! Not that you weren't gorgeous before :wink:
    Awesome work, keep it up darlin!!!
    Jenn :bigsmile:
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I second Jenn on that one girlie! You rock!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    You look amazing!! Keep up the great work!
  • blondeambition
    Options
    You look great, congrats!! What was your workout plan like? Did you eat back your excercise calories?
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! To be honest I haven't really felt smaller. I look in the mirror and only see how far I still need to go. Stumbling across those pictures of me from the summer show me how far I've come. I've lost more than 17 pounds since then. My firstborn son was 5lbs13oz when born. To think, I've almost lost THREE newborn Joeys? That's an accomplishment.
    You look great, congrats!! What was your workout plan like? Did you eat back your excercise calories?

Honestly I didn't really work out at all until three and a half weeks ago. Well, I DID, but it was irregular. Mostly pilates and walking. Since the end of Christmas, I've been using the Wii (mostly Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010) for 5 days a week. I also do Gold's Gym Cardio Workout 4 or 5 days a week for at least a half an hour. I also do various other exercises depending on my mood... but those are the main onces.
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to tell you look great!!!! In old pics of me my face looks like I got stung by a bee and now I see nothing but chin and cheeks lines....I have to post some too! Thank you for the inspiration to post!!!
  • VRamos81
    Options
    Congrats! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!