Excess skin on upper inner thighs

Options
Ok so this is kind of gross, but I used to weigh 323 ( I am 6'4 though) and now have loose upper thigh skin. Not tons. It's not like some of the pics I have seen online where it just hangs down. It's just loose and there is extra. Anyway, I have always had big thighs - I have a heavy build outside of being fat, and my inner thighs have always touched. I used to get chafing there from being really fat, and now with only about 30 lbs to go, I am still getting chafing though not as bad. I believe it is due to the extra skin there. It sort of encourages chafing. As I said I don;t have tons, and it doesn't hang or anything, but I do think it is unimproving the situation.

I have seen inner thigh lift before and after pics online, but my inner thighs do not look nearly as bad as those cases. Is there any hope that this skin will tighten up at all?

Btw I do seem to have a propensity to carry excess fat there. I do believe there is still some there even though I have only about 30 lbs to go.

Replies

• skinnyskittles
    Options
    You've done really well with your weight loss

From what I've seen on the forum it pays to lift heavy- get weight training and give your skin time to shrink/tighten get used to your new size. It would be nice to have a super quick easy solution though wouldn't it :-p
  • aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options
    Inner thigh weight lifting? ;0
  • jamesbiz
    jamesbiz Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes lol there is inner thigh weight lifting. But I think they just meant, heavy weight lifting in general, as a cure all
  • dosmundos
    Options
    Please, I want to know also
  • downwithbottledwater
    Options
    I have it too. Along with upper arms, upper and lower tummy, and diappearing boobs.

Sigh.

I don't think there is really anything to be done except surgery - which I hope to have after I'm down at goal for a while.

I've heard that your skin can rebound a bit after a few months, but probably not enough to satisfy me.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I would also in addition to the lifting use Vitamin E Oil (there are tons of makes) I use one that is cocoa based. Rub in well after showering it helps a little I think.
  • raew77
    raew77 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have read an article once about this problem, it happens with rapid weight loss and of course after pregnancy, which the latter was my problem. Anyway the article says it can take up to a year for your skin to settle to how it is going to stay. keep hydrated and taking care of your skin can help improve your skin elasticity. Congrats on your weight loss :)
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your success!! I have heard u are supposed to wait up to a year after u reach your goal weight before considering surgery. But in the meantime, i think good care is best. The strength training is a must, but also makes sure you are drinking alot of water to make sure your skin is hydrated. I also use a body scrub to stimulate blood flow to the skin and use a very good lotion, pretty much take care of your skin. I have had quite a few people tell me this routine has helped alot for them. I figure why not, what do i have to lose but some scrub and lotion lol

If u try it let me know :)

Good luck to u!!