Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5'5 girls?

Hey, I'm new here! My goals to lose around 20 pounds. Anyone similer height? :)

Replies

• tabfjo
    tabfjo Posts: 78 Member
    Hello! I'm also 5'5, 26 years old. Currently I'm at 137 lbs. I try not to focus on a weight goal but 130 - 125 would be nice. I really just want to eat healthier, be more active, and tone up!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    5'6 , 21 yrs old and weight 120-125..... don't regularly weight myself.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 208 Member
    I'm 5'5" on a good day (I'm really like 5'4" and a hair...) I've got about 10 pounds left.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    I'm 5'4 I am currently at 115 pounds, I want to be around 110.
  • Pcrossley14
    Pcrossley14 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm 5'4 and a half lol. I'm looking to lose 20 to 30 lbs. I"m been using the mfp only two weeks.
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    I'm 5'5 and looking to lose about 15pounds. Just started out.
  • Hi Im 5'6" and my first weight loss goal is 20lbs (im currently at 156lbs) :)
  • Oh and im 22yrs old
  • AntSteps
    AntSteps Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 5ft 5 nd a half...
    My goal is 120lbs.. I'm currently 158lbs!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Same height, same goals...add me! :)
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    I'm 5'5" 24 yrs old and have about 15 more lbs to go until I reach my goal
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    im 5'5, 23 and another couple of stone to lose! feel free to add me :)
  • Miss_LGC
    Miss_LGC Posts: 8 Member
    Hiya im 5'5...and a bit! 26 years old and looking to loose about 30lbs.
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    double post
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    I'm 5'4 I am currently at 115 pounds, I want to be around 110.

Why? According to most BMI charts, you are already at the lowest end of the healthy range for your height. Have you talked about this with your doctor?
  • jccst9
    jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
    I'm just about 5'5", but my weight loss goals appear to be a bit higher than pretty much everyone else's who responded to this topic. Still, I'm looking for more positive influences to add to my MFP friends list. My support system IRL actually blows. :-/

Good luck to all on achieving your goals! :)
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    I'm just about 5'5", but my weight loss goals appear to be a bit higher than pretty much everyone else's who responded to this topic. Still, I'm looking for more positive influences to add to my MFP friends list. My support system IRL actually blows. :-/

Good luck to all on achieving your goals! :)

Ditto, I'm 5'5" and my goal is 90 lbs. Oh looks like I'm the old lady here - LOL 49 and holding. :happy:
  • Hello, I was gonna say the exact words you said! lol, Everyone seems to need to lose 5, 10 lbs! lol, I started LOL on that one. I have a whole lot more to lose to reach goal. Thats ok, I can do it and so can you! Good luck to you!
  • lisanorman6
    lisanorman6 Posts: 47 Member
    Yay for the last two posters...I thought I was going to be the only one with significant weight to lose.

I'm 5'5" - 35 years old and have 75 more lbs to lose. My real focus is on body fat percentage versus actual weight. I'd like to be around 20%.

I gained most of my weight with my second pregnancy. Hmph, it wasn't in the manual that your body totally changes after your second child. Not that I wouldn't have had her, but seriously, the mental preperation would have been a good thing!!! LOL.