I've only just started but I've lost 5 llb!

Options
jenbenefit
jenbenefit Posts: 75 Member
I know it's only a tiny bit of weight but I'm just so pleased with myself, it would have been so easy to pack it in last night (I was meant to have a date but he stood me up =( ) But i just went for a job in the park and had a cup of green tea, boring, i know, but so worth it yaaay!

I know I still have so far to go but i feel like i am finally getting there and I thought it's goo so share success stories, however small!

Good luck to you all on your journey , we can do this together! =D

Replies

• skinnyskittles
    Options
    Nice work
    And he's probably got a little pecker anyway
  • JessLynn1215
    Options
    Congratulations, In my opinion any weight loss no matter how big or small is a great accomplishment. I have only loss 9.5lbs, but I feel so much better about myself and I now know that I can lose the weight as long as I work hard and am determined. This site also provides great support. Once again, Congratulations and good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • asheeshjoshi
    asheeshjoshi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's tough to get started since we've been used to a certain lifestyle for so long, but hang in there. It sounds like you have the perfect mindset to get done what you want.

Onward and upward!
  • lisa27midd
    Options
    Great job!! I just started and lost 4 lbs in my first week. Little losses add up to great big success :)
  • susiebear29
    Options
    5lbs is awesome don't play it down!!! you're doing really well im so pleased for you!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Don't be surprised or disheartened if your losses in subsequent weeks are smaller though. So much of your initial weight loss can be water weight. 0.5-2lbs is a healthy weekly loss for most people, depending on your weight.
  • mela216r
    mela216r Posts: 23
    Options
    Five pounds = 20 sticks of butter!!! Congrats on the great start. :happy:
  • SnokkiBear87
    Options
    Well done!! it doesnt matter how much it is it all counts!! and it helps give you the boost to carry on!!! Never mind about your date hes lost :-) x
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's the little successes that keep us motivated. I know when I had SO far to go, seeing even a little movement on the scale, or even when the scale didn't move, that I was losing inches kept me in the running.

Congrats :)
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's tough to get started since we've been used to a certain lifestyle for so long, but hang in there. It sounds like you have the perfect mindset to get done what you want.

Onward and upward!

....Or onward and DOWNWARD as the case may be.

5# lost is 5# worked for. Keep up the good work and positive attitude.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, that's a GREAT start, you can totally do this! <3
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to eat when I feel bummed too. Good for you for not giving in. 5lbs is great! Congrats!! :drinker:
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    The journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step. Nice work!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Way to go keep up the good work
  • sdstargazer
    Options
    Hey! 5lbs is great! Keep it up
  • jenbenefit
    jenbenefit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I really can't express how much all those posts mean to me

just all those little messages of encouragement really do add up so thank you so much for replying it's so so appreciated =)

I don't expect to lose that much every week and i know some weeks i might stay the same or even go up, but its all part of the journey.

and whoever said he has a tiny pecker I could give you the biggest high five, you win the best response hahaha!!

hope you're all having a super day, thank you again you lovely lovely people MWAH!xx
  • danewortley
    danewortley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The earlier weight loss is the most rewarding imho. make sure you protect that loss like a crazy angry demon pitbull from hell. Don't let anyone take away from your hard work or tell you to give up! You will be surrounded by temptation but will NEVER OUTRUN YOUR FORK. Keep it up!
  • LoveMy3CutiesLBH
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • imaindigogirl
    Options
    keep up the great work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!