New member as of today & my story

Options
Hello!! I started on 8/8/2012 at 262 pounds. I am 5'8" tall. It is 8/27/2012 and I weighed 246 this morning. I am down 15 pounds so far. It is my goal to get to 199 pounds by 12/31/2012. I really want to be under 200 pounds. I am shooting for 47 pounds loss in four months. I have not been below 200 pounds since probably my 20's. I am now 43 years old. I have changed my eating habits drastically and have incorporated two to three days of cardio for 45 minutes per day. I want to start some weight training soon, but figured I'd try to lose maybe another 15 pounds before I do so. I am on bp medication and have already noticed that my bp has dropped to a healthy rate. I will keep checking it and will go to my doctor soon to see if she thinks I can gradually taper off the medication. I will never be skinny and frankly don't want to. I like having curves- just not the excessive fat that I have put on my body. Most importantly, I want t be healthy, build stamina and feel good about my appearance. Even though I am over weight, I always take care of my appearance. I love shopping for clothes, even though the choices are limited when you wear an 18/20. I can't wait to have more options as I get healthier. I have started many diets before and have always stopped. I am determined this time and to do it for good. My big thing is that if I feel deprived, then I will stop this whole lifestyle change. I went to a popular seafood restaurant this past Saturday and I ordered a smaller meal than usual, drank ice water and only had a couple of garlic biscuits when I usually would eat double that amount. If I just cut out pop and junk food/snacking, I will lose weight. I have had the same sitting job for 18 years now and it has taken its toll on me, but I LET IT. My co-workers are always bringing in food and everything is based around eating. I would like to look better in holiday photos and I just want to be healthy. My self esteem is not low, nor is my self confidence, but I feel like if I can improve my weight and health and conquer the food demons- it can only enhance my outlook more. Let's face it- we all could stand some improvement in our lives in one area or another. I love seeing before/after pics. It helps me to remember my goals and give me hope that I too can and will do this...Not just temporarily, but as a lifestyle change.

Everyone keep up the GOOD work. This is a battle we are all fighting daily. Positive reinforcement is KEY to sticking with anything. Attitude is everything! I look forward to being able to post my before and after pics on here and to share my success with everyone and I look forward to making some new friends in my journey...Oh and I almost forgot to mention that today at work, a co-worker asked me if I lost weight. Then about two hours later another co-worker said I look thinner. That makes me feel awesome and helps me move forward. I am tall and have a long torso, so it takes longer for people to notice.

Replies

• Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. You will get there with your positive attitude, perseverence and strong will to succeed.

Good Job!!
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are doing a great job so far! Keep it up! I am only 5'4 but have similar stats otherwise and the same goal in mind! Feel free to add me :)
  • deo_volente
    Options
    Phenomenal attitude towards the journey ahead. I love your philosophy on healthy living! Good luck!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Love your positive attitude!! Best of luck!! :happy:
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!! Great job so far...we are similar, except I am only 5'3". I will be 43 in October and when I started my weight loss 17 months ago I was 264, and now down 100 pounds. I will send you a friend request! Good luck, you can do it!!!!:smile:
  • reenielovesthebeach
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words :smile:
  • stemab3
    stemab3 Posts: 58
    Options
    Wow, can't believe how much your situation mimics mine.......I would love to pick your brain and view your food diary to see how your doing so great. I've only lost 4 lbs since I started but having to take care of my 3 daughters my needs and wants often get put on the back burner.

Congratulations and I hope I can get to "Onederland" before the new year. I'm sending a friend request!
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group..congratulations on your accomplishments so far! This is a great place with so much information and a lot of great inspiration! I wish you well on your journey! I know you can do it!!

I sent you a friend request!
  • reenielovesthebeach
    Options
    I have like three days in a row where I don't lose anything, but then it kicks in and I'll lose two or three pounds. It will get better. Hang in there.
  • jadacavallaro
    Options
    I have been doing MFP for several months now and haven't had much luck with weight loss. I'm a busy mom of 3 and life just gets in the way sometimes. No excuses though. I have high cholesterol and really need to loose the excess weight and be healthier. I am 5'9 and 218lbs. I have never been this heavy but since the birth of my youngest 3 1/2 yrs ago and a couple auto accidents, I haven't been able to loose weight and exercise is limited due to back and neck injuries. Loosing weight would be good for my back and neck pain too I am sure. It makes it tough but I am trying to stay motivated. I love your story and will send a friend a request. It sounds like we all could use some encouragement. I know I sure do. Please feel free to add me too anyone. Thanks. Keep up the great work ladies!!
  • HelenaCatherine165
    HelenaCatherine165 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOVE your positive attitude!