New to My Fitness Pal.

Options
Hello Everyone. I hope all is well for you. I am new to this site and I'm still trying to figure it all out. I get a lot of support from my friends and family but it's always nice to met new people who are looking for the same thing in life as me... to be more healthy. Like stated on my profile, the only real way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat right and exercise. So that's what I am doing.
I am looking for anyone that has any suggestions of fun exercises one can do possibluy with a 4 year-old.
Also any treats one can think of, as I slowly get rid of Mt. Dew I am going to start craving sugar... I am not really big into sweets, but maybe something that will satisfy my craving.
I hope everyone is meeting all thier goals and I look forward to hearing from you!
RJ

Replies

• ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have found this site extremely supportive and helpful. One of my favorite sweet treats is

4 apples cubed
    small container of lite cool whip
    box fat & sugar free butterscotch pudding
    20oz can crushed pineapple

Sprinkle the pudding (not prepared) over the apples then add the cool whip and crushed pineapple (not drained) and mix together.

It comes out tasting like a caramel apple. This recipe makes 16 servings at 173 calories per.

I am not a huge chocolate fan so this is my vice!!!

Good luck and stay strong!
  • salomesotilleo
    salomesotilleo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I started My Fitness Pal yesterday and I found it really useful to help me maintain the calories count for the day so I dont go over. Thanks really love the app on the Iphone so I take it with me everywhere. Sal
    :smile:
  • socialgemini406
    Options
    Hiya and welcome
    I am new by one week and am in the same boat.
    Eat the foods you like but check the portion controls with the database you will soon learn what a portion should look like especially as your own list will evolve from what you type in and look up. The database is amazing. Red grapes curb my sugar craving but i also leave some calories for a mini chocolate treat later in the evening as a reward.

I try to divide my meals into 300 for breakfast 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner. if you want snacks in between i keep a little back out of each meal value and snack on fruit but i try to eat the fruit when i am hungry on an empty stomach to get the max out of the nutrients and its digested much easier on an empty stomach.

Hope these little tips help you as they have helped me, Good Luck !
  • socialgemini406
    Options
    Oh !!

..... and wii fit is great for doing exercises with kids.

My little boy is 8 and we have used it for the last 2 years.

Have fun.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    welcome to mfp!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here...started this week but didnt really buckle down until today. I can't wait to get everything rolling and feeling great!
    I would love exercise advice. I can't really get out the house much as I'm a stay at home Mom and also care for another infant so, anything easy and around the house would be helpful.
    Thanks! :smile:

Kristen