Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Honest Feedback

I do like how everyone "pumps everyone up" but I'd rather hear no nonsense feedback about my profile. Specifically, I'd like to hear about my food diary. I'm not into any wacky fad diets, just common-sense nutrients. I've hit a plateau and need some advice to tweak my diet. Open to all criticism good or bad - I don't take anything personally. Thanks in advance!!

DJ

Replies

• McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    you could start by opening your diary.
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    lol well there's your problem. no wonder no one's commenting on what foods you're eating!
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    I'm no expert, but your food looks pretty good to me-high protein, low sugar (though I know nothing about recommended sodium intake). My trainer helped me lose 30 lbs eating real foods high in protein, cutting back simple carbs and hitting the gym regularly.

What are you doing for exercise? Sometimes mixing that up helps too!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    I would say you're not eating enough to support the calorie burns your'e having. Your water is good, but could be more. Protein is awesome!
  • dangerdj
    dangerdj Posts: 17
    Yeah, fixed that after I got a few DMs :happy:

@yarmiah I'm doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid program plus I'm very active. I'm feeling great, just having problems dropping the last 5-7 lbs to peel back the jelly off my lower abs :wink:
  • dangerdj
    I would say you're not eating enough to support the calorie burns your'e having. Your water is good, but could be more. Protein is awesome!

Yeah, something doesn't add up. I think I need to buy a heart-rate monitor to calculate my actual calories burned. The online calculators aren't accurate enough and hence I think they are skewing my total calories allowed. I'm looking at the Insanity and P90X nutrition guides more closely to see where I can tighten things up in my diet.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Are Saturdays and Sundays cheat days for you? If so approximately how much over do you go?
  • dangerdj
    Are Saturdays and Sundays cheat days for you? If so approximately how much over do you go?

I'll have one cheat meal on the weekend but I generally stay close to my planned calories. I like to relax on the weekends so I don't log anything then. I still workout and keep track of my calories "mentally".

I don't really drink alcohol so there are no beers or bottles of wine sneaking in there :smile:
  • ArroganceInStep
    Gotcha, how long have you been stalled? How long have you been on this workout/diet plan?

As you probably already know, those last few pounds are far and away the hardest. How has your workout intensity been? Have you been making progression or is that stalling as well? Have you been tracking measurements besides weight? Obviously you're not seeing your lower abs yet but have you seen any other body composition changes lately?
  • dangerdj
    I should have been doing body measurements all along but neglected to do so. Clothing is much looser and I've dropped two belt loops and I've head general comments that I look great so I guess I'm doing OK. I've actually upped the intensity of my workouts, I suspect that maybe I have too much sodium and not enough water in my diet so that could be part of it.

I've posted some new progress pics starting from left to right, the last one being from today. I've got pretty good definition except for the abs, my back and legs are really cut - I wish I could shuffle the jelly from my belly around haha!
  • ArroganceInStep
    If stuff is getting looser and your workout intensity is stable or improving...keep doing what your doing.

Takes time man, good luck to you.