New here and Needing lots of motivation and determination

Options
Hi.......a group of coworkers and I have recently started here. Some of us are doing better than others (I'm not one of them :( but am trying)......needing lots of motivation and determination. :) Thanks

Replies

• doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Good luck..you can do it! There is lots of support here and so much information! Every little change you make towards a happier, healthier you will make you determined to succeed. Just check out some of the success stories...they are so inspiring and get for the motivation!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...support and motivation is what we are here for! :)
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! This is a great site for motivation and support! Feel free to add me!!!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I am from NC too!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello & good luck to you. You will definitely get all the support you need here. Feel free to add me and I'll help if I can. :)
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't give up - you are just getting started and it will happen. This is a process and it takes a lot of determination. Everytime I struggle I just think about where I started and where I am now - everyday I am further ahead and that is what keeps me going. And don't feel bad if you slip up, we all do and we just have to start new the next day!

Keep Smiling and be patient!
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    Good luck! This site is wonderful and there are so many motivating people! Feel free to add me if you'd like:smile:
  • droberts3311
    Options
    Don't give up, you will have good days and bad, and that is ok. I fall off the wagon and I just keep getting back on. I am still trying to lose that 10 that will NOT move. But I figure at least if I don't give up I am not gaining. And I feel so much better when I eat healthier.....:flowerforyou:
  • TamarahDaniel
    Options
    :happy: My name is Tamarah and I've only been on here for 5 days. I love it, but would like to chat with more people. Who can I add as friends?
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    What are your. Challenges?
  • Debbieendures
    Options
    Hi Wendy, I would like to tell you what I commented to my friends this morning: Eat your allotted amount of daily calories into 6 meals - add me as a friend and check out my daily food diary and see what I mean. I just started Monday and I have already lost 1 1/2 pounds. That is not like me for the amount of food and kind of foods I have been eating check it out! Hope it works for you as wells as it has for me. I as well was not motivated at least to exercise - I walk that's it!
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!:smile:
  • Thisiswendy1970
    Options
    A coworker says she is having trouble with "too much protein". What can I tell her to do about that? Also, am having problems with what to eat for breakfast since I have to "eat on the go". I drive 1 1/2 hrs to work and have to eat on the road.
  • Tiberius707
    Tiberius707 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wrote down your goals in big letters with a sharpie and post them somewhere where you can see them every single day so you reminded why you want lose weight, get fit, be healthy, etc... It's easy to lose motivation to workout and eat right when your not thinking about why you were originally doing it in the first place and instead thinking about that tasty snack right in front of you or how busy you are. Those who are truly determined find the time to make things happen instead of creating excuses as to why they didn't happen. Feel free to add me if you want more support, I love motivating people!
  • indylisakelly
    Options
    Hi Wendy! I just sent you a friend request. We can all use a friend to help us along our weight loss journey. I am fairly new to MFP, too, and have found my friends to be an incredible source of support! Good luck and I look forward to us cheering each other on! :-)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I am currently accepting new friend request so feel free to add me. (that's written with sarcasm, of course) Feel free to add me if you like. The support system here is amazing and has helped get this far....now I just gotta get to the finish line! You can do it!
  • rs32820
    rs32820 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do for breakfast. I make a black cup of coffee (or stop and pick one up) and then mix a scoop of vanilla protein powder in. It is 90cals, fills the "cream" and sweetness need for my coffee, and packs a great amount of protein to stave off hunger. After that I begin drinking a liter or so of water. By the time I get to work I feel very full and have a lot of energy.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We all have ups and downs. I just mark it off as part of the learning curve to living healthier. You can find lots of motivation and inspiration on here!! I'm always looking for more friends to share this journey. I sent you a friend request.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi, we're all here to try and get in shape and enjoy the support and encouragement, feel free to add me as a friend, I only joined yesterday! Lesley.