State Fair of Texas fried food finalists revealed!

Options
Chicken Fried Cactus Bites, Deep-Fried Divine Chocolate Tres Leches Cake, Deep Fried Jambalaya, Deep Fried Mac-N-Cheese Slider, Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll, Fried Mexican Fire Crackers, Fried Pork Wing, and Picnic on a Stick. The Best Taste and Most Creative entries will be selected on Labor Day.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19408463/state-fair-fried-food-finalists-revealed#ixzz251oVdva6

Replies

• dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Where's my puke bucket when I need it?
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    These two sound interesting :
    Deep-Fried Divine Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
    Deep Fried Mac-N-Cheese Slider,
  • poshcouture
    Options
    LOL as much as I miss home - I don't miss how bad it was on my waist line. Here's to Pappasitos, Pappa's, Taco Cabana, La Tapatia's, Niko Niko's, the Rodeo, Pappadeaux's and all the other food places that I can no longer frequent.
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good 'ole Texas State Fair! Thankfully I've never been interested in ANY of the fried food they have to offer there. I had a Corn Dog last year and my stomach was not happy with me, after that and I figured anything else would be 10x worse.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I heard about this on the radio this a.m. Last year they had fried salsa. Gotta love our state fair!
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I tried the fried Twinkie a couple years ago...it was awful. I was so disappointed ... at the time. haha