Turkey Burgers

Options
roguex_1979
roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
Making turkey burgers tonight. Anyone have any tips? I'm going to use crackers instead of breadcrumbs and only egg whites, but unsure how many egg whites or how many crackers to use? Also, do you think, onion, garlic, thyme, sage, cumin, salt and black peppers will be too much?

:ohwell:

Replies

• Asha0714
    Asha0714 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm not the greatest cook but when I make burgers, I just add a little bit at a time, until I think the consistency is good. Those spices sound tasty. I like to add jalapenos when I make them, love love love spicy food.

Much luck!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    crackers breadcrumbs? never done that, I have add mashed
    black beans.
  • chrisms84
    Options
    Dry ranch mix, green onions. It's good.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That sounds like meatballs to me. When I make turkey burgers, just a little minced onion, and seasoning. I use a special grilling seasoning called Butt Rub, but you can just use salt and pepper.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    one typically adds crackers or breadcrumbs to soak up excess fat (there isn't any in turkey) or give a softer texture. If you're doing it for texture then use bread crumbs soaked in nonfat milk. If you're doing it to add moisture, leave out the bread crumbs and add nonfat yogurt--just enough to add moisture but not so much they'll fall apart when cooking.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    My friend made Asian turkey burgers for me once and they were unbelievable. She kept it simple and used sesame oil, low sodium soy sauce, green onions, and ginger. There are tons of recipes out there. Google "asian turkey burgers".