Big Meal At Lunch Instead Of Dinner ?

Options
I was told that it was good to eat your main meal at lunch then a smaller meal at dinner,,,Anyone try this and haveing success with, would like to change it up a bit..Thanks

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i do that everyday and ive noticecd that by doin so i maintain the weight or even loose a lb a week from it and food is digested easily and quickly before the next day if u have a small meal :flowerforyou:
  • chera325
    chera325 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's how they do it in Europe, and look at those skinny little European women! There must be some merit in it.
  • leebee2001
    Options
    I find if I eat large at lunch I am starving in the evening because I have to eat a light dinner.. I find the calorie count I am trying to stay on doesn't give me much to splerge on? good luck to you with this, sounds like it can work for some people.. I think the most important thing is that we keep trying new things.. Let us know how you do!!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I usually eat my breakfast around 8, a small lunch around noon, my main meal around 330, and a small meal/snack around 7 ish. It seems to work for me and i am rarely hungry
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    My daily goal w/o excersise is 2350 calories. I eat about a 800-1000 of them at lunch. More, if I ran. or plan on running that day.

The reason I do this...simply, that's what's most comfortable for me.

It MIGHT matter which meal is your largest, but any difference is insignificant. Just do what works for you.
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I do this as well, I basically cook or make my dinner and eat it at lunch time. This allows your body to burn those calories throughout the day versus eating later and so close to bed time where you cant burn. Of course if you work out everyday it probably doesnt matter, but I dont and this is still whats helping me lose weight.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I eat my dinner for lunch most of the time and eat light for dinner! It's too early to say (ending week 3) if this is the exact reason for my weight lost or not but, I feel better going to bed with something light on my stomach oppose to something heavy!!!!
  • heinz4u
    heinz4u Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks everyone Im going to start doing this on Thursday since that is my weigh in day ,I will keep everyone posted how it does for me, It seems if I eat my heavy meal at night makes me very lazy for sure and working out can be such a chore and i need to work out lol...I get up at 6.00 am each morning and have my breakfest by 7to 7.30 so im not starving..then try to have a snack at 9.30 or 10.00 then lunch at lunch AT 1.00 then a snack at 3.30 then supper at 6.00 pm and a light snack if i dont get my 3.00 snack in .7.30 so we will see how this works ..KEEP up the great work everyone and Keep sharing those great tips....
  • lswatson111304
    lswatson111304 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    we eat our big meal at lunch time too. We do it because my husband works nights, so he is gone for dinner. I still eat a small dinner in the evening but nothing like I used to.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    They say to eat a big breakfast, a good size lunch, and a small dinner. I don't know who "they" are but I have heard it several times from different sources.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    yeah, i've heard 'them' say that too - eat like a king for breakfast, a queen for lunch and a pauper for dinner.