NSV - One medication Gone!

Options
Went to the doctor today for my three months check up on my sugar I am not officially diabetic but insulin resistant. But for the last three visits have produce A1C numbers in the normal range the results from blood work taken last Friday said my A1C was 5.0 Also the doctor said all of my blood work numbers were perfect. So he dropped me off of my Victoza injections altogether and said he would drop or at least reduce my metformin next time and that I did not have to come back for four months. So the count is two medications gone (high blood pressure medication and one diabetes med) and two meds to go. My goal is to be med free but one is androgel and I have been told I may not get off it that T-levels do not always come back after weight loss but my doctor is willing to work with me on it when the time comes. But if I that is the only prescription med I am on I can live with it.

Also did five push ups today a few weeks ago I could hardly get even one. Also hardly a day goes by that someone does not ask me what I am doing to loose weight or ask me "how much weight have you lost".

But getting rid of the meds is the best NSV as this has been one of my goals all along.

Replies

• slynn906
    slynn906 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I stopped taking one BP Med about one month ago. The doctor believes that I will eventually be able to stop the other two BP meds if I continue with the lifestyle changes.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    It is one of the best feelings in the world! I dropped one BP med and got my thyroid dose reduced. Yuppers! Love it! Good for you. Getting off meds is proof positive we're getting healthier!

(For anyone else on thyroid meds, I'm doing it by not drinking city water that is laced with flouride.)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Love this particular benefit.

Went off my BP medicine years ago.

Congratulations!
  • phillipians413b
    phillipians413b Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone and Congratulations on all of your sucesses as well.

One NSV I forgot was I am no longer using my CPAP machine at night since the first of August it got to were it was very uncomfortable. Had been having to lower the settings about every 10lbs and got to a pressure of 6 and still could not stand it. So decided to take test run for a week or two without to see how I felt and I feel great and not tired.
  • funmonk
    funmonk Posts: 20
    Options
    That's wonderful!! I was able to drop my cholesterol med, now I'm working on the blood pressure meds. Yea, for us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!