Confused by Tim Horton's Canada Nutrition Calculator

Options
Hello everyone!

I am sure there are some of you that are Tim Hortons coffee drinkers, so I thought I would ask this question. Anyone know for sure how many calories are in a Tim Horton's Large Double Cream? :)

The reason I ask is because I am a little confused by Tim Horton's Nutrition Calculator when it comes to calculating the number of calories in a Large Coffee with 1 or 2 cream. And from looking at the options to choose from the 'MyFitnessPal' database and researching other websites, it indicates that others are having the same problem, because a Tim Hortons Large Coffee 2 cream is posted ranging from 70 cals to 140 cals for Tim Horton's (Canada).

The website displays the Large Coffee at 0 cals, and there is a choice for Cream Small, Cream Med, Cream Large, Cream Extra Large. Is the unit of cream really different for each size coffee? Was I being naive as I always thought that if I asked for a Medium Double Cream or an Extra Large Double Cream, I'd be getting the same amount of cream?

This link brings provides you just the nutrition info for cream serving sizes.
http://www.timhortons.com/nutrition/index.php?step2=42&nuttype=Canada&subc=go&item552=1&item397=1&item553=1&item554=1&item555=1

This link brings you to the Complete Tim Horton's Nutrition Calculator
http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/nutrition-calculator.html

I like to drink Tim Horton's coffee on a fairly regular basis, and if a Large Coffee Single Cream is really 70 cals and Double Cream is 140 cals, I think I might want to make a change! :)

I've sent Tim Horton's an email but so far no response.

Thanks!

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    well because they add cream until it gets to a certain colour it does differ on the amount of coffee. I would add it as two medium coffees because the coffee it's self is calorie free.
  • lovemyboys27
    Options
    Yes the cream amounts are different sizes according to which size coffee you get. At least I think that's what you're asking? My Dad always gets his coffee at the Esso because they have serve yourself Timmies, and he likes to get an XL with 2 L cream instead of 2 XL cream that they would put in at a regular Tim Horton's.
  • CraigFoster
    Options
    A serving of cream is proportional to the size of the coffee.
    Otherwise you'd either have a very creamy small coffee... or a very strong extra large coffee.
    So yes.. a large double cream has more cream than a small double cream

the same goes for the sugar i beleive
  • swilson75
    swilson75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the info. I did not know until now that the serving size of cream is proportional to the size of the coffee. Wow, a small single cream is 18ml, 35 cals, and a Large single cream is 35ml, 70 cals.

Must be the cream in the Tim's coffee that makes it addictive!