Seriously?

Options
Tired of friends who log in their 5 minutes of walking the dog. Or all about talking about showing support, but then are silent.

Currently working on 30 Day Shred, finished level 1 yesterday. Those groups always seem to die about day 2 or 4..

I love bikes. And planning on getting more crazy about bikes. I'm a husband, and a father, and damnit i'm overweight.

But at least I can fix that.

My current motivation, on YouTube, look up "How Bad Do You Want It" Videos #1 and #2.

Replies

• rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You will get there, it is crazy hard to balance everything and stay sane (sometimes I cross that line). I'm a beast on the bike, but once I start lifting again it will be like starting over, and that stinks. Stay dilligent.
  • AliMariesDad
    Options
    Have you ever tried walking a dog? It might be as effective as the Maple Syrup Diet. =)
    Seriously, if you want someone who offers encouragement and doesn't stay silent, add me as a friend.
  • corrinek81
    Options
    well, I log my 10 minute walks around the pond behind my work on my breaks. So you would probably be annoyed w/ me. But I also log my 45-60 minute walks after I get home. Maybe they are just starting slow? I don't know. Or not really that into it either.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog every day, 20-35 minutes, on the hill where I live - which is in the northern Black Hills of South Dakota, so we're not talking a little hump in the road. It's a workout! I've been doing it for years, but still get my heartrate up and into aerobic burn. My dog is a Springer, and she's home alone all day. So when I get home from work, she is READY TO GO! - and I don't mean for a stroll. But I understand the posts you're talking about. I do other workouts as well, including biking - in the hills, so I'm pretty dedicated now!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Haha. Legitimate walking the dog, I have nothing against. But I don't understand where the only activity someone logs for the day is walking 2 minutes. Not 20.. or 30.. but 2?

I do have a dog, getting him acclimated to walking, we are around a mile a morning now. He's enjoying the cooler temp's and as he gets used to it I will keep going for longer. He doesn't get as much attention with 2 kids in the house now.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just go walk your dog and be quiet, Travis! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of people making judgey posts about other people's workouts. I guess we're both SOL.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yea I can understand this.. I walk 4 miles with my dog on the weekends or even in my spare time every 5 minutes I sprint for about a minute or to, I have a jack russel it takes about an hour to finish.. But I still don't logg it. That's just me tho everyones different. Maybe there just starting off and walking the dog is what even gets them outside to begin with.. You never know lol that walk everyday may turn into miles of walking or running.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand what your beef is here... Small amts of activity can add up over the course of the day. Maybe they like to keep track of things individually? Maybe they're not logging the real amts of time, just keeping track of which days they're doing it? Maybe it's an accident...? But really... Who cares?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Two minutes is better than no minutes. But it probably takes more than two minutes to log it. :laugh:
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Walking the dog is still lapping everyone on the couch!!!

Regardless, I'm willing and able to lend support. Open diary, workouts logged every day... add me if you'd like. (and anyone else for that matter)
  • marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well, even if it s only 2- 10 minutes , at least thier off thier behind and moving, maybe its a really overweight person that has started walking and can't do any more than that, we just never know what other people are going through in thier lives. We all should try being supportive and compassionate with our fellow man. Just saying. :)
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Stay with it! I've learned that if I want to change my way of eating and exercise no one would do it for me but ME! Keep moving toward your goal. It's in reach...Trust me. I'll add you to help with your motivation.

PS. Those videos were awesome.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When I started I would take my dog for a walk, about 20 minutes which later got upped to 40 then 60. Now I have lost 55 lbs and I can jog 3 miles at 4.5 MPH. I understand the frustration, but it is a little judgey as well. Those of us who are here for weight loss started at our own levels and go up from there. Hopefully in two months I laugh about jogging 3 miles and 4.5 MPH.

So what is my point? If you don't want someone as a friend don't add them to your list (or delete them). Right now I only have two friend because I am looking for quality people ( I would say I have that right now) and if/when I find the right person I will add number 3. Life is too short too get so worked up about other peoples lives. Have a great day!
  • TravisBikes
    Options
    I'm highly motivated now, and sadly have lived my past 10 years in a little bit here, or a little bit there. I'm trying to hit this like a freight train, or at least a mac truck. Had friends on my list who would never comment on anything anywhere, closed diaries, and very minimal effort.

Maybe it's a bit too bold, I'm sorry if you take offense, but I just want to befriend people on here who are as serious about getting into shape, or staying in shape as I am, and still have time for random quirky comments that make no sense.

Like the number 42.
  • TravisBikes
    Options
    Even more, the couple of very serious people that remained on my friends list (they should know who they are), motivate me to get off my lazy *kitten* when I don't want to just because I know thats what they are doing, or have done already to get to where they are.

enough rant. more popcorn.
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I logged my 5 minutes on the rock and roll stepper. lol That thing is hard. Still is. Don't judge, I did my best. :)
    But I still do it and now I have added other types of exercise that will better benefit me. But I had to start somewhere!

The way I see it, as long as you are putting forth the effort and increasing on the time, its step towards the right direction.

Some may feel unmotivated. Perhaps that's when we should step in and motivate them. After all isn't that why we have "friended" people here in the first place? And if they don't want any part of it. You can "unfriend" them.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    You wouldn't like me...I log my farts. Farting burns calories - it's true - I read it on the internet :huh:
  • dbach123
    Options
    it was hard for me and i made some friends already
  • ohDeeDeeBehave
    ohDeeDeeBehave Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! If that were really the case I'd have lost at LEAST 40lbs! LOL!