Replies

• beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    never heard of gojane and I am glad I haven't. Those are some ugly dresses....unless you are a $lutty 16 year old of course.

*like*

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking it looked like cheap tat.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I don't think gojane stuff is right for me. If you can rock that look, do it!

There is nothing worse than someone who dresses totally out of their comfort zone.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options
    What sort of style are you looking for? Floaty/slinky/tailored/full length/short/blah blah etc etc?
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I concur on Modcloth! Just bought this number there:

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/so-noir-so-good-dress

FYI, first review is all me, haha

zoom_91144a11afde555896dd549f5b669b17.jpg?1345902807zoom_c6908db3736abe8cb2c29659c93f8afe.jpg?1345902811
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options
    I concur on Modcloth! Just bought this number there:

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/so-noir-so-good-dress

FYI, first review is all me, haha

zoom_91144a11afde555896dd549f5b669b17.jpg?1345902807zoom_c6908db3736abe8cb2c29659c93f8afe.jpg?1345902811

Oooh, pretty. I just got a very similar dress in cream from Ebay (originally Asos), but it doesn't look anywhere as good on me as it does on you. You look fab!
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Venus.. online has some really nice and cute dresses! Good Luck :)))

Thanks for this site! I just bought a dress off there. Can't wait to see how it looks. I have never bought clothes online before.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options

Oooh, pretty. I just got a very similar dress in cream from Ebay (originally Asos), but it doesn't look anywhere as good on me as it does on you. You look fab!

Thank you!!
  • erinlea75
    erinlea75 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What's your budget? And what is your style (maybe link to a couple of examples)? Anything you would like to avoid (like 1 shoulder styles)?

My go to place for a nice occasion dress is Nordstrom. Recently bought this one for our anniversary dinner: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/alex-evenings-one-shoulder-lace-sheath-dress/3326531?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=3800
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You should try bidding for dresses on ebay.
    I've bought some fantastic party dresses (non-trashy looking) retailing for $80-$100 for $10-$15 on there.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Www.boohoo.com

Www.newlook.co.uk

Www.janenorman.co.uk

Www.bonprix.com
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Its pricey but I wore it to a wedding my husband was in this summer.

http://www.kiyonna.com/plus-size-clothing/Party_Perfect/12060902
  • TrinneanArcher
    Options
    Buying dress online ain't a big deal. You just got to search specifically so that you get the desired dress which would make you happy. There are huge collection of sites which offer online shopping and some of them are really cheap. You are set for vegas so buy some thing exotic. As your need is long floor length dress you can opt for exotic evening gowns. You can Buy Evening Gowns online and see if it truly attracts you.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    www.lightinthebox.com
    They customize your dress for a perfect fit.
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    renttherunway.com. i wish i could give you my code, so we'd both save $20, but that's against the rules. still i wholeheartedly push rent the runway on anyone and everyone. it's amazing.
    Oh my goodness. I love you! I'll be renting a dress for wedding late next month! Wooooooo!

It's my fav. I've rented for 4 of the last 8 weddings I went to. All 8 weddings were in the span of a year and with facebook showing pics of everything to all your friends it's awesome to be able to not wear the same DESIGNER dress at the similar price to what I'd spend on buying a dress I'll only wear once. It's also awesome for all us ladies whose weights are in flux. You don't have to worry about tailoring a dress if your weight/size changes.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    www.torrid.com
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Right now I get all my cute dresses at Lane Bryant, but with a little bit more of a weight loss I'll be able to shop in the more fashionable shops.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I love Maurices! They have some amazing clothes. Almost all of the ladies at work wear clothes from there. They also aren't that expensive.

www.maurices.com
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Modcloth is freakin fantstic!