Throwing the scale out of my window..

Options
I have a large group of toxic friends who do nothing to aid me on my journey. one commented yesterday she sees no difference in me despite going from a size 12-10 to a size 6-4 and mostly 4's. out of curiosity i weighted myself this morning with my fancy weight watchers scale...the number ? 140.6! WTF! i started at 150.1 was down at 137 and am now here can someone explain this to me ? Im obviously loosing inches but is this normal...im 5''4 and currently 140.6 lbs when it gave me my bf% it said like 29% but yet when i use the body fat calculator online and add my measurements it comes to 22% can someone explain which is accurate before i throw the scale?

Replies

• CJSCHUYLER
    CJSCHUYLER Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Forget the toxic friends, you are making progress. you have been working out and lost a good amount of weight. you gained some muscle back so you weigh a little more. 10lbs is still a great loss and you are getting in shape. your measurments are going down so that is great. here is a link that i use for BMI, BMR, and body fat%. i hope this helps. I like the measurment with a tape and a calculator best.

http://www.skinbodyfitness.com/bmr_bmi_bfp.htm

Good luck.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Forget the toxic friends, you are making progress. you have been working out and lost a good amount of weight. you gained some muscle back so you weigh a little more. 10lbs is still a great loss and you are getting in shape. your measurments are going down so that is great. here is a link that i use for BMI, BMR, and body fat%. i hope this helps. I like the measurment with a tape and a calculator best.

http://www.skinbodyfitness.com/bmr_bmi_bfp.htm

Good luck.

acording to that im obese ! what the ..i dont think size 4 is obese :/
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have a large group of toxic friends who do nothing to aid me on my journey. one commented yesterday she sees no difference in me despite going from a size 12-10 to a size 6-4 and mostly 4's. out of curiosity i weighted myself this morning with my fancy weight watchers scale...the number ? 140.6! WTF! i started at 150.1 was down at 137 and am now here can someone explain this to me ? Im obviously loosing inches but is this normal...im 5''4 and currently 140.6 lbs when it gave me my bf% it said like 29% but yet when i use the body fat calculator online and add my measurements it comes to 22% can someone explain which is accurate before i throw the scale?

Your friends are haters. Plain and simple. I think you need a "detox" for your social circle. Losing weight is hard enough without the people that are supposed to be in your corner pushing you down. Try to hang around your more positive friends. Maybe the Toxic Avengers will get the hint when you stop hanging out with them.

As far as the scale goes.... scales suck. I can step off the scale, step back on it 5 seconds later, and weight up to 2 lbs more or less than I did the last time I stood on it! Also, if your floor is uneven at all, it will give you faulty results. The middle of my bathroom floor says I weight 10 lbs more than I do in the corner of the bathroom. The best way to tell your results is by your measurements, fat %, and HOW YOU FEEL. Going from a 12-10 to a 6-4 is fabulous! Congrats!!!