"8 Apples a Day to Make Your Plateau Go Away"

Options
Has anyone ever heard of eating nothing but at least eight medium-sized apples for one day in order to kick a plateau? I've heard of this but can't find anything regarding whether it actually works. Any feedback would be fantastic! Thanks, and have a great day!

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    No. And it sounds ridiculous.

Plateaus are generally the result of under estimating calories eaten and/or over estimating calories burned. Many times also related to protein intake.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Plateaus are generally the result of under estimating calories eaten and/or over estimating calories burned. Many times also related to protein intake.

^ And depending on plateau duration it could simply be water weight masking weight loss.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

Agreed. Just think on all of the important nutrients, vitamins, etc. you would be missing out on.

I have been through 2 multi-month plateaus. When you know you are logging accurately and eating enough, sometimes you just have to be patient. Don't do any weird drastic diet, such as what you mentioned, or start taking some crazy *kitten* pill. Hang tight, it will pass.
  • Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I thought this sounded ridiculous, too. lol
  • deserteyes
    Options
    I tried this. Didn't work for me.