Macros ... again!

Options
Ive been seeing this everywhere, done the search on the boards, but I havent come across what your daily macros should be?
Can anyone help with this or point me in the right direction??
thanks!

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    This is different for everyone. I personally shoot for 50 carb 30 protein 20 fat. But someone who is less active may be 40 30 30
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    This is different for everyone. I personally shoot for 50 carb 30 protein 20 fat. But someone who is less active may be 40 30 30

Yes you're MMA, I can assure you Im less active :)

Is there anywhere I can find that will tell me what is ideal for me?
  • cutesmile79
    Options
    I'm sorry but what are macros? It sounds like the fat, carbs, fiber, protein, is that correct?
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm at 45, 35, 20 - though I'm rethinking upping my fats a little.

There is no place that will tell you what it 'should' be. Everyone is different depending on your lifestyle, what you are trying to achieve, if you are lifting etc.. There are a bunch of threads around here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 this one explains things well. We're all pursuing lifestyle changes..there's more to it than just cutting calories. Threads like the above will help explain things such as macros and how many calories you really aught to be eating and that MFP goals don't work for everyone.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but what are macros? It sounds like the fat, carbs, fiber, protein, is that correct?

Yes, I just learned myself what they are!