Tips on lowering sugar inatke?

Options
I'm finding it next to impossible if not entirely impossible to lower my sugar intake. There are days when I'm almost over my sugar intake before I've even ate my afternoon snack.

It's not like I'm drinking soft drink either or chowing down on candy. I drink water all day long, couldn't tell you the last time I had a soft drink, I eat healthy (fruits, veggies, whole wheat sandwiches, tuna, etc) and every day I'm over my sugar.

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Just worry about the added sugars, not those you get from fruit, vegetables, and dairy.
  • haleymathiot
    Options
    Remember this very important rule: You crave what you eat.

It takes about a week to two weeks to cut sugar out of your diet. After a while, you'll start to taste the natural flavor in foods you didn't used to like, and you won't crave the extra sugar anymore.

Also, here's a tip I give my dance students: Pick one day of the week where you allow yourself to eat whatever you want, and don't eat snacks or sugary foods until that one day. Not only does it get you through the week, but on that one day, you don't eat nearly as much "bad" stuff as you would have if you'd eaten it slowly through the week.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Remember this very important rule: You crave what you eat.

Really?
  • SHHitsKaty
    SHHitsKaty Posts: 301
    Options
    I'm not even eating any 'snacks' or things like that. When I say, "afternoon snack' I mean, a banana, watermelon, a peach, that type of stuff. I also sometimes will eat Greek yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch in it before I go to the gym.

I just see people on here talk about lowering the amount of sugar they eat and they lose weight but I just think it would be almost impossible for me to do that. I only need to lose another 15 lbs to really be at my goal weight and I've lost 3 lbs in 4 weeks so far just eating much better and watching my calories.

Thanks for the input though!