Need to work my abs more!

Options
I have super weak abs. Need a good ab workout that I can add into my regular exercise routine. Suggestions?

Replies

• Henrye4185
    Options
    I don't know if my ab muscles are weak or not but I hate working them. It is actually my least favorite exercise and I NEED HELP! So I am hoping someone will post a great suggestion.
    :\
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    ab wheel rollouts
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Pullups
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    your abs are already there..you just have to torch off the fat and they wil be revealed

Try doing more leg, back, and shoulder workouts becuase you release more growth hormone and it stimulates fat burining...

15 - 20 minutes of core work outs three times a week is pretty good...pullups, planks, situps, medicine ball crunches etc...

and mixing in some HIIT sprint training will help too...
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    If you want to step away from the crunches, go to functional patterns.com and search dogma ab workouts- numerous ideas for core and abs using the body upright and not on the floor on our backs.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    The hardest ab exercise is not planks. It is the hanging leg raise, live strong is fos.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Lots of squats and deadlifts.
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    PLANKS...they are pure evilness...BUT, great core workout! And gotta agree with the above posts...hanging leg lifts- KILLER ab exercise!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Lots of squats and deadlifts.

^^this and farmers walks
  • haleymathiot
    Options
    Three words: Pilates Abs Series. Look it up, or message me for details/video
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    I have a full ab work out routine that I used when I was teaching color guard and I saw results in all of my students when using it. It really is a work out. If you are interested let me know.

ETA:Its an ab/core/strength work out so it works more than just abs too. Also great to do with an upbeat song that gets you pumped!
  • pobski
    pobski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Pullups

This man speaks truth! I can't find the article, but I read a while back that pullups cause more muscle activation than any other ab workout.
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Try P90X Ab Ripper. It's a killer! You can just find it on youtube without buying the whole p90x dvd's
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Squats and Deadlifts do work Abs!

I like Cable Wood Chops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9poaLAg3s0

and reverse Cable Wood Chops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUY1TKqkfaM