Gluten & Dairy Free

Options
I am on a Gluten and Dairy Free diet. Gluten is a tolerance issue, Dairy is a full fledged allergy. So no milk, cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt, etc.

I need more calcium in my diet. I love brocolli but it doesn't sit well in my stomach. Any ideas of how to get more calcium in my diet?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    With such a restriction, you may benefit from a dietary supplement.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    you my friend should consider the paleo lifestyle. im gluten intollerant and very much so lactose. i feel your pain, i found many recipes and supplements for such a lifestyle . just google :)!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Think more leafy greens. Kale, collard greens etc. Is it the veggies that don't agree with you? They do have fortified soy and almond milks out there and cereals too. Check out labels and see what you can come up with.
  • threedeakgifts
    Options
    I can handle sprink mixes of lettuce, baby greens, but not Iceburg or typical veggies that produce gas. Very painful for me. I do have almond milk, just don't use it much except for cereal.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am on a plant based diet, so I don't use any dairy, and very little gluten. Good alternative sources of calcium are fortified non-dairy milks (soy,almond, etc), tofu, fortified orange juice, great northern beans, oranges, kale, and collard greens
  • threedeakgifts
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    spinach!!!!! it's loaded with calcium L O A D E D
    Silk - Soy Milk Plain With Dha Omega 3