Whoa...learned sumthin' new!!

Options
To begin, I LOVE eggs...scrambled, boiled, poached, you get the idea. Eggs (I thought) were very healthy for you, all natural, don't need to add junk to make them taste good, etc. Well, I just got this really cool new egg seperator, and for the sake of testing it, I made 3 large egg whites scrambled.
Here's the new thing I learned: Normally, I eat 2 large eggs scrambled, no oil or anything, and it equals 203 calories, which is fine for me, b/c thats what my breakfast usually consists of. But, typing in 3 large egg whites only, scrambled, resulted in...56 CALORIES! :noway: I am in such shock, I just had to post. The whites were a bit less tasty then regular, but adding a dash of garlic powder (adds 5 calories for 1/2 tsp) they were awesome! For the amount of cals I'm saving, I'm hooked! :happy:

Replies

• NoMoreAt3
    Options
    To begin, I LOVE eggs...scrambled, boiled, poached, you get the idea. Eggs (I thought) were very healthy for you, all natural, don't need to add junk to make them taste good, etc. Well, I just got this really cool new egg seperator, and for the sake of testing it, I made 3 large egg whites scrambled.
    Here's the new thing I learned: Normally, I eat 2 large eggs scrambled, no oil or anything, and it equals 203 calories, which is fine for me, b/c thats what my breakfast usually consists of. But, typing in 3 large egg whites only, scrambled, resulted in...56 CALORIES! :noway: I am in such shock, I just had to post. The whites were a bit less tasty then regular, but adding a dash of garlic powder (adds 5 calories for 1/2 tsp) they were awesome! For the amount of cals I'm saving, I'm hooked! :happy:
  • mollymay
    Options
    Here is a thought....

mabe one whole egg and 2 egg whites scrambled would be good....

I think I will try it. I always have them for breakfast but I add cheese to mine. Sounds like a good way to cut calories.

Thanks for the idea!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I like eggs, but you're right 3 whole eggs can add up, so I eat 1 whole egg along with 2 additional egg whites. Yummy!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I like mollymay's recommendation. I did read a study a while ago that found if you add one egg yolk and use 2 egg whites, you add some nutritional benefits by keeping in just the one yolk. Thanks for sharing your finding, neverbeenskinny!

:flowerforyou:
  • NoMoreAt3
    Options
    Here is a thought....

mabe one whole egg and 2 egg whites scrambled would be good....

I think I will try it. I always have them for breakfast but I add cheese to mine. Sounds like a good way to cut calories.

Thanks for the idea!

Very good idea, adding cheese, I'll try it! Thanks!
  • buiebunch
    Options
    Sounds good I will try it as well. I like salsa on top of my eggs. Not many Calories there.